By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you consider getting the PS5 All-Digital Console if 100$ cheaper?

Would you get the All-Digital Edition if 100$ cheaper?

Yes 25 21.74%

No 81 70.43%

On the fence 9 7.83%

Total:115

Depends if backwards.compat or not

Around the Network
Dante9 said:
SvennoJ said:
Nope, disc less is not a console anymore. Even if the sad version was free, still getting a disc version.

I would pay $100 more for a smaller all black flat horizontal bottom version though ;)

What, so the Switch is not a console?

It's a handheld yup. It takes cards anyway, same thing.

My theory is that the digital only version will come with a bigger SSD and because of that it actually won’t be cheaper cause a SSD is more expensive than a disc-drive

It's not even just about the physical media. I really dont care about physical media. I'm getting physical or digital, depending on which is cheaper. I don't want all my stuff physical, burning out my disc drive. But, how else am I going to play uncompressed 4k bluray movies... should I ever want to. And what if I want to take a game to a friend's place? It would have to be at least a 150 dollar saving for me to even consider it.

I'm still going to get multi-plats on PC, so I'm probably not going to get a PS5 too early on anyway.. which might have me wait for a pro model, since I don't want to have a PS5, and the pro comes out a year later. But, we'll see. After my experience with PS4, I'm not really too fond of the exclusives, or paying a yearly fee for PS+ when I only touch the console 3 times a year.

If digital game prices of old games would be realistic then yes but when you get a game for 10 bucks physical and see that it's still like 30 bucks digital then I think you might get away cheaper with the more expensive console. So, no, I would get the one with drive even though I prefer to just download the games.

Around the Network

Nay.

I still buy some disc games and I use my PS for bluray/dvds.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Coming from the huge physical media collector. I would say yes, reason?

Game shops of my region are selling very limited stock in favor of downloadable gift codes. :S

More than 50% of PS4 sales are digital. There are people only buying digital on PS4. It doesn't make sense to buy a device with a disk drive if you won't use it.

No, although I do find digital more convenient during the current gen (haven't really messed with the PS3 or WiiU lately to see if I've lost the ability to play any of my digital games) I still sometimes use mine to play physical movies. So No going with the physical drive.

I would get the digital edition of it was $100 more.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.