By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you consider getting the PS5 All-Digital Console if 100$ cheaper?

Would you get the All-Digital Edition if 100$ cheaper?

Yes 25 21.74%

No 81 70.43%

On the fence 9 7.83%

Total:115

I think availability of and deals on physical disk media will start to subside a lot over the next few years. But even then, I save about $20-30AUD on average every time I buy a new game at an Australian retail store than via the Xbox or PS stores. In Australia the price difference would likely be AUD$100 if its USD$100 in the US, but I still expect I'd make all that back, while having a BRD, and not being totally reliant on the internet and Sony's continued solvency and support for PSN.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Right now, Amazon has Witcher 3 Complete for 25 dollars compared to 50 on the PSN. Horizon is 10 dollars cheaper, and and GOW is 5. It adds up. I think I'd wind up losing money going all digitial.

I will eventually have both since I end up getting one for the living room and one for the bedroom.

Wonder what a pro version of this will look like.

Nope, disc less is not a console anymore. Even if the sad version was free, still getting a disc version.

I would pay $100 more for a smaller all black flat horizontal bottom version though ;)

I'm going digital no matter what. I have absolutely no use for a disc player.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Nope, disc less is not a console anymore. Even if the sad version was free, still getting a disc version.

I would pay $100 more for a smaller all black flat horizontal bottom version though ;)

What, so the Switch is not a console?

I personally haven't bought a blu-ray disc since GoW in 2018, so I am probably going digital anyways, and not for pricing reasons.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

JWeinCom said:
Right now, Amazon has Witcher 3 Complete for 25 dollars compared to 50 on the PSN. Horizon is 10 dollars cheaper, and and GOW is 5. It adds up. I think I'd wind up losing money going all digitial.

I bought it for under 10$ at one point when there was a a PSN discount on it. SO yeah, I don't think that digital will affect my wallet in any significant way. Plus, I am giving way more of my money to the developer, especially with smaller titles.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Dante9 said:
SvennoJ said:

What, so the Switch is not a console?

He was obviously referencing a digital PS5 since that's the subject, speaking for myself  cartridges just like disc's are  physical media. 

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

hunter_alien said:
JWeinCom said:

I bought it for under 10$ at one point when there was a a PSN discount on it. SO yeah, I don't think that digital will affect my wallet in any significant way. Plus, I am giving way more of my money to the developer, especially with smaller titles.

But having a physical drive in no way prevents you from taking advantage of sales on PSN.  If you have a disk drive, you could take advantage of the best deal either way.