By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 could see even more 3rd party exclusives than PS4

Considering how easy it is to port, and how popular the switch is (and PC). I’d be very surprised if there’s any non-first party exclusives. If we talking about purely Xbox, it can’t get worse than the Xbox one gen lol



Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
DonFerrari said:

So it isn't the oopposite, as it will still be on PS5 =p

Uhh, Wth is happening with quote trees? Why did it automatically cut some of them out? Has anyone else noticed this?

I meant opposite of exclusive, multiplatform But yeah it will be on PS5. Capcom has been killing it lately, I think the only reason they went exclusive in the past (DR, SF) was a lack of funds but now they're rolling in MH money

Seems like the auto cut of trees have come back.

On Capcom yes, it was very well spread that SFV was exclusive because Capcom didn't had the money to produce it at the time, even Ono was crying publicly.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ice said:

Considering how easy it is to port, and how popular the switch is (and PC). I’d be very surprised if there’s any non-first party exclusives. If we talking about purely Xbox, it can’t get worse than the Xbox one gen lol

This,

The only reason why many Japanese Skipped Xbox was due to how limited it was in reaching its audiences, which is no longer the case thanks to Gamepass being the Future of Xbox



src said:
Conina said:

Actually you only need one platform to get more quality games per year than on PlayStation in the last years: PC

No matter, where you draw the line for a good game (90+ MetaScore, 85+ MetaScore, 80+ MetaScore, 75+ MetaScore), PC had (slightly) more of them this and last year:

  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 90+: 4:4, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 90+: 5:4
  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 85+: 21:17, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 85+: 25:22
  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 80+: 84:66, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 80+: 63:58
  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 75+: 144:114, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 75+: 130:126

And in 2020 some PS-games even were counted double, when they have a PS4 and a PS5 version (f. e. AC Valhalla, Miles Morales, Dirt 5, Planet Coaster, Sackboy, The Pathless and CoD BO Cold War). So these could be substracted from the 2020 numbers on the PS-side.

PC has the fewest exclusives (Half-Life: Alyx, MS Flight Simulator, Crusader Kings 3, Panzer Corps 2, Stormland, Asgard's Wrath...), but the number PS games it doesn't get can be compensated with "console exclusive games" it shares with Xbox or Switch.

Switch also is strong in comparison with PlayStation when you draw the line at 85+ MetaScore, 80+ MetaScore or 75+ MetaScore for a good game:

  • 2019 Switch:PS4 MetaScore 90+: 3:4, 2020 Switch:PS4+5 MetaScore 90+: 3:4
  • 2019 Switch:PS4 MetaScore 85+: 25:17, 2020 Switch:PS4+5 MetaScore 85+: 13:22
  • 2019 Switch:PS4 MetaScore 80+: 82:66, 2020 Switch:PS4+5 MetaScore 80+: 66:58
  • 2019 Switch:PS4 MetaScore 75+: 152:114, 2020 Switch:PS4+5 MetaScore 75+: 125:126

And again, in 2020 some PS-games could be substracted from this comparison due to double counted PS4 + PS5 version.

So get off your high horse. All platforms (even Xbox) are getting more than enough entertaining games every year:

The problem with this methodology is that it equates every game. Its more nuanced than that. PS4 getting FF7R or Ghost of Tsushima is more prominent than the PC getting Monster Train.

That's why I listed the games. If you want to do the entire list, then placing them in the following categories would be best:

  1. AAA
  2. AA/A
  3. Indie
  4. Very popular Indie (Fall Guys, Among Us, Huntdown etc)

Its very obvious to see that Playstation gets the best third party support in the AAA, AA, A areas.

List of PS4/5 games that will not be on PC:

  1. Granblue Fantasy
  2. Project Awakening
  3. Bablyon
  4. FF7R2
  5. FF16
  6. Persona
  7. Sakura Wars
  8. Aegis 13 Sentinels

List of PS4/5 games that will not be on SW:

  1. Granblue Fantasy
  2. Project Awakening
  3. Bablyon
  4. FF7R2
  5. Nier Replicant
  6. FF16
  7. RE8
  8. DMCV SE
  9. MHW2
  10. Team Ninja Nioh succesor
  11. Tales of Arise
  12. Persona
  13. Sakura Wars
  14. Aegis 13 Sentinels
  15. Ghostwire Tokyo

List of PS4/5 games not on XSX/XB1:

  1. Granblue Fantasy
  2. Project Awakening
  3. Bablyon
  4. FF7R
  5. FF16
  6. Team Ninja Nioh successor
  7. Persona
  8. Aegis 13 Sentinels
  9. Ghostwire Tokyo
  10. Genshin Impact
  11. DQ12
  12. Ace Attorney
  13. Yokai Watch
  14. Sakuna Rice
  15. Sakura Wars

Okami sold more on Switch lol



Shiken said:
src said:

Dude stop with the trolling. You came into this thread by saying PS isn't too different to other systems, yet had to list PC+XB+SW to even match what a single PS4 could get.

You then listed out games PS would not get, yet in reality PS was getting every single on of those games beside SMTV.

Now that you've lost both of those arguments, its now moving the goalpost to D6 has no English localisation.

I've differentiated between full PS exclusives, timed exclusives, and console exclusives. If you can't accept that then that's on you.

There is nothing to not accept, I have been a PS gamer since the PS2 and I will have a PS5 when GoW5 drops.  I have no reason to downplay anything.  All I see is inconsistencies and goalpost moving by your arguments within this topic, and I called you out on it.

There is no goalpost moving with D6 BTW.  For me, Dragon Quest Heros 1 and 2 are PS exclusive for example, as the Switch version never came to the US.  Likewise D6 is a Switch exclusive outside of Japan, and therefore a Switch exclusive for us as well.  It is not a hard concept to grasp, but anything that goes against what you want to be true must be "moving goalposts" or "trolling".

I for one, will be happy to play D6 fully translated on my Nintendo Switch. I can't read Japanese and my guess is SRC can't either.



Around the Network
src said:
Conina said:

Actually you only need one platform to get more quality games per year than on PlayStation in the last years: PC

No matter, where you draw the line for a good game (90+ MetaScore, 85+ MetaScore, 80+ MetaScore, 75+ MetaScore), PC had (slightly) more of them this and last year:

  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 90+: 4:4, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 90+: 5:4
  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 85+: 21:17, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 85+: 25:22
  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 80+: 84:66, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 80+: 63:58
  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 75+: 144:114, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 75+: 130:126

And in 2020 some PS-games even were counted double, when they have a PS4 and a PS5 version (f. e. AC Valhalla, Miles Morales, Dirt 5, Planet Coaster, Sackboy, The Pathless and CoD BO Cold War). So these could be substracted from the 2020 numbers on the PS-side.

PC has the fewest exclusives (Half-Life: Alyx, MS Flight Simulator, Crusader Kings 3, Panzer Corps 2, Stormland, Asgard's Wrath...), but the number PS games it doesn't get can be compensated with "console exclusive games" it shares with Xbox or Switch.

The problem with this methodology is that it equates every game. Its more nuanced than that. PS4 getting FF7R or Ghost of Tsushima is more prominent than the PC getting Monster Train.

That's why I listed the games. If you want to do the entire list, then placing them in the following categories would be best:

  1. AAA
  2. AA/A
  3. Indie
  4. Very popular Indie (Fall Guys, Among Us, Huntdown etc)

Its very obvious to see that Playstation gets the best third party support in the AAA, AA, A areas.

List of PS4/5 games that will not be on PC:

  1. Granblue Fantasy
  2. Project Awakening
  3. Bablyon
  4. FF7R2
  5. FF16
  6. Persona
  7. Sakura Wars
  8. Aegis 13 Sentinels

Why are you so sure that a new Granblue Fantasy game won't be on PC? Granblue Fantasy Versus already is: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1090630/Granblue_Fantasy_Versus/

Why are you so sure that Project Awakening won't be on PC?

Why are you so sure that Babylon's Fall won't be on PC? It was announced for PlayStation and PC.

Why are you so sure that Final Fantasy 7 Remake won't be on PC? Final Fantasy 1 - 15 already are on PC.

Why are you so sure that Final Fantasy 16 won't be on PC? Final Fantasy 1 - 15 already are on PC.

Why are you so sure that a new Persona game won't be on PC? Persona 4 Golden already is on PC and sold very well.

Why are you so sure that Sakura Wars won't be on PC? Most SEGA games already are on PC.

Why are you so sure that 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim won't be on PC?



Conina said:
src said:

The problem with this methodology is that it equates every game. Its more nuanced than that. PS4 getting FF7R or Ghost of Tsushima is more prominent than the PC getting Monster Train.

That's why I listed the games. If you want to do the entire list, then placing them in the following categories would be best:

  1. AAA
  2. AA/A
  3. Indie
  4. Very popular Indie (Fall Guys, Among Us, Huntdown etc)

Its very obvious to see that Playstation gets the best third party support in the AAA, AA, A areas.

List of PS4/5 games that will not be on PC:

  1. Granblue Fantasy
  2. Project Awakening
  3. Bablyon
  4. FF7R2
  5. FF16
  6. Persona
  7. Sakura Wars
  8. Aegis 13 Sentinels

Why are you so sure that a new Granblue Fantasy game won't be on PC? Granblue Fantasy Versus already is: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1090630/Granblue_Fantasy_Versus/

Why are you so sure that Project Awakening won't be on PC?

Why are you so sure that Babylon's Fall won't be on PC? It was announced for PlayStation and PC.

Why are you so sure that Final Fantasy 7 Remake won't be on PC? Final Fantasy 1 - 15 already are on PC.

Why are you so sure that Final Fantasy 16 won't be on PC? Final Fantasy 1 - 15 already are on PC.

Why are you so sure that a new Persona game won't be on PC? Persona 4 Golden already is on PC and sold very well.

Why are you so sure that Sakura Wars won't be on PC? Most SEGA games already are on PC.

Why are you so sure that 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim won't be on PC?

Because they have not been announced for PC. Simple.

By your ridiculous logic any game can come to any platform at any time. Are we sure Knights of the Old Republic won't be getting a PS6 port?



src said:
Conina said:

Why are you so sure that a new Granblue Fantasy game won't be on PC? Granblue Fantasy Versus already is: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1090630/Granblue_Fantasy_Versus/

Why are you so sure that Project Awakening won't be on PC?

Why are you so sure that Babylon's Fall won't be on PC? It was announced for PlayStation and PC.

Why are you so sure that Final Fantasy 7 Remake won't be on PC? Final Fantasy 1 - 15 already are on PC.

Why are you so sure that Final Fantasy 16 won't be on PC? Final Fantasy 1 - 15 already are on PC.

Why are you so sure that a new Persona game won't be on PC? Persona 4 Golden already is on PC and sold very well.

Why are you so sure that Sakura Wars won't be on PC? Most SEGA games already are on PC.

Why are you so sure that 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim won't be on PC?

Because they have not been announced for PC. Simple.

By your ridiculous logic any game can come to any platform at any time. Are we sure Knights of the Old Republic won't be getting a PS6 port?

Most of them haven't been announced for PS5 either, only for PS4. By your ridiculous logic they will not be on PS5 with improvements either.

And for most of these games we have no statement from Sony or the publisher, where they guarantee / officially announce PlayStation-exclusivity with no ifs or buts (so "Only on Playstation", without watered down exceptions like "timed exclusivity", "console exclusivity" or "exclusive launch").

Even if they first say "Only on PlayStation" and advertise that on the game cover, in some cases it turns out to be false a few months or a year later:

Also I gave reasons to most of your listed games, why a permanent exclusivity to the PlayStation platform is doubtful, thanks for ignoring that.

Last edited by Conina - on 06 December 2020

src said:
Conina said:

Why are you so sure that a new Granblue Fantasy game won't be on PC? Granblue Fantasy Versus already is: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1090630/Granblue_Fantasy_Versus/

Why are you so sure that Project Awakening won't be on PC?

Why are you so sure that Babylon's Fall won't be on PC? It was announced for PlayStation and PC.

Why are you so sure that Final Fantasy 7 Remake won't be on PC? Final Fantasy 1 - 15 already are on PC.

Why are you so sure that Final Fantasy 16 won't be on PC? Final Fantasy 1 - 15 already are on PC.

Why are you so sure that a new Persona game won't be on PC? Persona 4 Golden already is on PC and sold very well.

Why are you so sure that Sakura Wars won't be on PC? Most SEGA games already are on PC.

Why are you so sure that 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim won't be on PC?

Because they have not been announced for PC. Simple.

By your ridiculous logic any game can come to any platform at any time. Are we sure Knights of the Old Republic won't be getting a PS6 port?

At least he is making an educated guess, instead of making separate lists for each platform to bloat the numbers.  No other explaination for trying to add Tales of Arise, Dragon Quest XII, Nier Replicant, RE8, etc to your list, considering all of them are multi-platform in one way or another.

Then you go on to add confirmed timed exclusives like FF16, Ghostwire, etc, but try to downplay timed exclusives on any other platform.

And then you go on to downplay SMTV by saying it will "likely" come to PS5 later, but then try to call someone out for doing what you just did.  Big pot and kettle moment here...

You do realize people are only using your own twisted logic against you to show how flawed it is right?  With all the defensive flip flopping and dodging of the actual topic, you are only proving our point.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

src said:

Are we sure Knights of the Old Republic won't be getting a PS6 port?

I hope PS6 gets it, it is a classic.

I also hope that Valve is porting Half-Life Alyx (and the rumoured "Codename Citadel") to PSVR2 / PS5... it is a shame if awesome games are stuck on only one platform instead of going for a bigger audience with capable hardware, no matter their hardware choice.

That is the difference: you seem to wish for more exclusivity deals to keep games away from a majority of gamers... I'm not.