By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 could see even more 3rd party exclusives than PS4

src said:
Shiken said:

What are you on about?  You created two lists that contrast eachother to make them look bloated due to most games either releasing on either Switch or XSX as well, then you pull rumors into the discussion as if they are fact, and now you throw simple math out of the window with a "XSX+PC+SW to beat PS5" claim?

The only thing this exchange is proving is how diluted and hypocritical your points are.  It is clear that this will go no where, so it is not worth my time.  The way you backpeddal and try to spin everything pretty much takes away any credibility you may have had on the topic anyway.

"D6 already coming to PS4"

And as for this, I guess you live in Japan and/or speak it fluently?  Otherwise you will need a Switch to play this game properly.

LMAO stop. You tried desperately to downplay the notion that PS continues to be the only platform that is able to get such a wide selection of third party games by listing a list of games across 3 platforms, of which many are going to come to PS.

You seem unable to differ two key points:

1. Playstation continues to get the best third party support in the industry. You need multiple consoles to match what a single Playstation has.
  2. Playstation continues to get many third party exclusives.

Out of the list I posted, potentially 15 games are full exclusive. 4 are timed exclusive and 2 are console exclusive.

After your embarrassing list of games that PS will supposedly not get resulted in a list of games PS is mostly going to get, I'm not surprised you have nothing to stand on.

Yes D6 is on PS4

You seem to fail at understanding the difference between 3rd party support and 3rd party exclusives (which is the topic of the thread).  Based on your constant spin, cherry picking, and hypocrisy found not only in this thread, but others as well, one can only assume that you are doing it on purpose.  Your downplay is hilarious, and all that is needed to be said has been said.

And on Disgaea 6, please link where I can order and english copy of the game for PS4.  I'll wait ...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
src said:

LMAO stop. You tried desperately to downplay the notion that PS continues to be the only platform that is able to get such a wide selection of third party games by listing a list of games across 3 platforms, of which many are going to come to PS.

1. Playstation continues to get the best third party support in the industry. You need multiple consoles to match what a single Playstation has.

Actually you only need one platform to get more quality games per year than on PlayStation in the last years: PC

No matter, where you draw the line for a good game (90+ MetaScore, 85+ MetaScore, 80+ MetaScore, 75+ MetaScore), PC had (slightly) more of them this and last year:

• 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 90+: 4:4, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 90+: 5:4
  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 85+: 21:17, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 85+: 25:22
  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 80+: 84:66, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 80+: 63:58
  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 75+: 144:114, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 75+: 130:126

And in 2020 some PS-games even were counted double, when they have a PS4 and a PS5 version (f. e. AC Valhalla, Miles Morales, Dirt 5, Planet Coaster, Sackboy, The Pathless and CoD BO Cold War). So these could be substracted from the 2020 numbers on the PS-side.

PC has the fewest exclusives (Half-Life: Alyx, MS Flight Simulator, Crusader Kings 3, Panzer Corps 2, Stormland, Asgard's Wrath...), but the number PS games it doesn't get can be compensated with "console exclusive games" it shares with Xbox or Switch.

Switch also is strong in comparison with PlayStation when you draw the line at 85+ MetaScore, 80+ MetaScore or 75+ MetaScore for a good game:

• 2019 Switch:PS4 MetaScore 90+: 3:4, 2020 Switch:PS4+5 MetaScore 90+: 3:4
  • 2019 Switch:PS4 MetaScore 85+: 25:17, 2020 Switch:PS4+5 MetaScore 85+: 13:22
  • 2019 Switch:PS4 MetaScore 80+: 82:66, 2020 Switch:PS4+5 MetaScore 80+: 66:58
  • 2019 Switch:PS4 MetaScore 75+: 152:114, 2020 Switch:PS4+5 MetaScore 75+: 125:126

And again, in 2020 some PS-games could be substracted from this comparison due to double counted PS4 + PS5 version.

So get off your high horse. All platforms (even Xbox) are getting more than enough entertaining games every year:

Last edited by Conina - on 04 December 2020

This new generation is going to see an escalation of the exclusivity side of the console wars. Between big companies buying out the smaller ones, and publishers really needing to keep reasons to go to their exclusive platforms within platforms, platform holders are going to try to keep as many games as possible for themselves.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Conina said:
src said:

Actually you only need one platform to get more quality games per year than on PlayStation in the last years: PC

No matter, where you draw the line for a good game (90+ MetaScore, 85+ MetaScore, 80+ MetaScore, 75+ MetaScore), PC had (slightly) more of them this and last year:

• 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 90+: 4:4, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 90+: 5:4
  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 85+: 21:17, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 85+: 25:22
  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 80+: 84:66, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 80+: 63:58
  • 2019 PC:PS4 MetaScore 75+: 144:114, 2020 PC:PS4+5 MetaScore 75+: 130:126

And in 2020 some PS-games even were counted double, when they have a PS4 and a PS5 version (f. e. AC Valhalla, Miles Morales, Dirt 5, Planet Coaster, Sackboy, The Pathless and CoD BO Cold War). So these could be substracted from the 2020 numbers on the PS-side.

PC has the fewest exclusives (Half-Life: Alyx, MS Flight Simulator, Crusader Kings 3, Panzer Corps 2, Stormland, Asgard's Wrath...), but the number PS games it doesn't get can be compensated with "console exclusive games" it shares with Xbox or Switch.

Switch also is strong in comparison with PlayStation when you draw the line at 85+ MetaScore, 80+ MetaScore or 75+ MetaScore for a good game:

• 2019 Switch:PS4 MetaScore 90+: 3:4, 2020 Switch:PS4+5 MetaScore 90+: 3:4
  • 2019 Switch:PS4 MetaScore 85+: 25:17, 2020 Switch:PS4+5 MetaScore 85+: 13:22
  • 2019 Switch:PS4 MetaScore 80+: 82:66, 2020 Switch:PS4+5 MetaScore 80+: 66:58
  • 2019 Switch:PS4 MetaScore 75+: 152:114, 2020 Switch:PS4+5 MetaScore 75+: 125:126

And again, in 2020 some PS-games could be substracted from this comparison due to double counted PS4 + PS5 version.

So get off your high horse. All platforms (even Xbox) are getting more than enough entertaining games every year:

Interesting. I'll go back and count all the games in 2020 when I have time. I suspect you're right though. I just want to see all the data for myself.

Darwinianevolution said:

This new generation is going to see an escalation of the exclusivity side of the console wars. Between big companies buying out the smaller ones, and publishers really needing to keep reasons to go to their exclusive platforms within platforms, platform holders are going to try to keep as many games as possible for themselves.

I actually don't think so. Exclusivity is dying out.

There's no game on Xbox Series X/S out or in development that won't at least be on Windows as well. And most of them will still be on Xbox One for the time being.

Sony also has some first-party games as cross-gen releases all the way up to a year from now when Horizon: Forbidden West releases. And considering you can play Horizon: Zero Dawn and a few other 1st-party Sony games on Windows, more will be coming. Sony admitted as much. I don't think we'll see God of War or Uncharted on PC anytime remotely soon. But I would not outrule Ghost of Tsushima or maybe even Marvel's Spider-Man.

Even Nintendo has very few third-party exclusives now compared to in the past. There's a few dozen third-party Switch games you can't get anywhere else. That will probably hit 100 or a a little over when all is said and done. Wii, on the other hand, had well over 200 third-party exclusives. And Wii has less games than the Switch has and will have.

I'll be pretty surprised if PS5 has more third-party exclusives than the PS4, the way things are looking. Console exclusive? Very possible. But only on PS5 and not PS4 or PC? Unlikely.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

The title of this thread should be changed to "Xbox will get fewer and fewer 3rd party games, while PC/Switch/PS5 get more." Because that is exactly what is going to happen.

Cerebralbore101 said:

The title of this thread should be changed to "Xbox will get fewer and fewer 3rd party games, while PC/Switch/PS5 get more." Because that is exactly what is going to happen.

That should be too obvious to warrant its own thread.

Alright I decided to check Conina's list. I used Opencritic and counted all the games rated 80 or higher with at least 10 starred reviews (A.K.A Official Critics). I didn't count games that were just updated versions of old games like Persona 5 Royal, or DQ11S. Also didn't count expansions unless they were significant ala Fallout 3's Broken Steel or Oblivion's Shivering Isles. Finally, I'm leaving sports games off the list, due to them being irrelevant just a few years after release.

Anyway, the current count for 2020 is...

PC 58
PS4 44
XB1 34
Switch 30

The interesting thing here is how much the Indie scene has taken off in the last decade. I knew there were a bunch of great indie games out there, but as far as quality games go they drown out pretty much everything. Especially on PC. I'll go back and do another count some other time just counting games with graphics that can't be run on a toaster. Switch, PC, and XB1 are heavily propped up by Indie games, and PS4 definitely has a problem getting Indies onto its system. Switch's library looks a hell of a lot better than Xbox's due to Switch having unique games, while Xbox is mostly just a smattering of whatever PC or PS4 got. If you own a PS4 you've got more 2020 games to play than Xbox. If you own a PC you've got more 2020 games to play than Xbox.

Here's the list if we take out most of the Indies, with the exception of a few that have PS3/360 level graphics.

PS4 25
PC 22
XB1 21
Switch 6

P.S.

I'd love to do the same list for 2019, 2018, etc., but Opencritic makes it insanely hard to count these games, due to them putting games with only 4 or 7 reviews in with the list. So I have to manually check any game to see if it breaks the 10 Official review threshhold. I miss gamerankings. -_-

P.P.S. 2020 has been a pretty abysmal year for Switch in terms of big new AAA games.

P.P.P.S. Late releases like Monster Hunter Iceborne and Death Stranding were counted for PC, while PS5 Demon Soul's remake wasn't counted for PS4.

P.P.P.P.S If you have a Switch/PS4 combo you've got pretty much everything. Same goes for PC/Switch. An Xbox/Switch combo leaves quite a bit out.

PSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPS....

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 05 December 2020

Shiken said:
src said:

2. Playstation continues to get many third party exclusives.

Out of the list I posted, potentially 15 games are full exclusive. 4 are timed exclusive and 2 are console exclusive.

After your embarrassing list of games that PS will supposedly not get resulted in a list of games PS is mostly going to get, I'm not surprised you have nothing to stand on.

Yes D6 is on PS4

You seem to fail at understanding the difference between 3rd party support and 3rd party exclusives (which is the topic of the thread).  Based on your constant spin, cherry picking, and hypocrisy found not only in this thread, but others as well, one can only assume that you are doing it on purpose.  Your downplay is hilarious, and all that is needed to be said has been said.

And on Disgaea 6, please link where I can order and english copy of the game for PS4.  I'll wait ...

Dude stop with the trolling. You came into this thread by saying PS isn't too different to other systems, yet had to list PC+XB+SW to even match what a single PS4 could get.

You then listed out games PS would not get, yet in reality PS was getting every single on of those games beside SMTV.

Now that you've lost both of those arguments, its now moving the goalpost to D6 has no English localisation.

I've differentiated between full PS exclusives, timed exclusives, and console exclusives. If you can't accept that then that's on you.

src said:
Shiken said:

Dude stop with the trolling. You came into this thread by saying PS isn't too different to other systems, yet had to list PC+XB+SW to even match what a single PS4 could get.

You then listed out games PS would not get, yet in reality PS was getting every single on of those games beside SMTV.

Now that you've lost both of those arguments, its now moving the goalpost to D6 has no English localisation.

I've differentiated between full PS exclusives, timed exclusives, and console exclusives. If you can't accept that then that's on you.

There is nothing to not accept, I have been a PS gamer since the PS2 and I will have a PS5 when GoW5 drops.  I have no reason to downplay anything.  All I see is inconsistencies and goalpost moving by your arguments within this topic, and I called you out on it.

There is no goalpost moving with D6 BTW.  For me, Dragon Quest Heros 1 and 2 are PS exclusive for example, as the Switch version never came to the US.  Likewise D6 is a Switch exclusive outside of Japan, and therefore a Switch exclusive for us as well.  It is not a hard concept to grasp, but anything that goes against what you want to be true must be "moving goalposts" or "trolling".

Last edited by Shiken - on 05 December 2020