By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 could see even more 3rd party exclusives than PS4

Disgaea 6 is a Switch exclusive. Unless of course you can speak/read japanese, and import PS4 games. End of debate.

Around the Network

Also I can't help but think how much Xbox is going to SUUUUUUUCK next gen. They'll be like Gamecube, without Nintendo games.

~Banned

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 05 December 2020

Cerebralbore101 said:

Also I can't help but think how much Xbox is going to SUUUUUUUCK next gen. They'll be like Gamecube, without Nintendo games.

Highly doubtful, XBox is in a good position to gain back their chunk of the market share.  Especially if they keep Bethesda single player games as exclusive to the XBox brand and services.  I for one am glad to see them doing well again, with hope for the future.  Competition drives the industry afterall.  They will not beat PS5 in worldwide sales, but I could see the S/X getting back to 360 level of they play their cards right (which will cut into the bottom line of the overall sales of PS5).

One does not make a 6.5 billion dollar acquisition unless they are all in for gaming moving forward.  I would let time go on a bit before assuming anything.  PS3 came back from its bad launch, Nintendo came back from the WiiU, MS can easily come back with XBox.  They have all the tools they need at this point.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Highly doubtful, XBox is in a good position to gain back their chunk of the market share.  Especially if they keep Bethesda single player games as exclusive to the XBox brand and services.  I for one am glad to see them doing well again, with hope for the future.  Competition drives the industry afterall.  They will not beat PS5 in worldwide sales, but I could see the S/X getting back to 360 level of they play their cards right (which will cut into the bottom line of the overall sales of PS5).

One does not make a 6.5 billion dollar acquisition unless they are all in for gaming moving forward.  I would let time go on a bit before assuming anything.  PS3 came back from its bad launch, Nintendo came back from the WiiU, MS can easily come back with XBox.  They have all the tools they need at this point.

If they were going to keep Bethesda games exclusive they would have said so by now. Also their CFO or whatever already said that they wanted Bethesda games to be "first or better" on Xbox. That's a tacit admission that they are going to be released on PS5.

MS is hamstringing Gears and Halo with GaaS and MTX, so Ninja Theory, Forza Devs, and Obsidian will need to do all the heavy lifting this gen. The rest of their stable of 1st party devs is either unproven or trash. Sony is already at 3 console exclusives on PS5, while Xbox has nothing of note. PS5 Digital version is $100 less than Series X, with 3rd party games on both systems looking pretty much the same graphically.

I see them doing 60 million lifetime sales with a large chunk of that being Series S sales.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Shiken said:

If they were going to keep Bethesda games exclusive they would have said so by now. Also their CFO or whatever already said that they wanted Bethesda games to be "first or better" on Xbox. That's a tacit admission that they are going to be released on PS5.

MS is hamstringing Gears and Halo with GaaS and MTX, so Ninja Theory, Forza Devs, and Obsidian will need to do all the heavy lifting this gen. The rest of their stable of 1st party devs is either unproven or trash. Sony is already at 3 console exclusives on PS5, while Xbox has nothing of note. PS5 Digital version is $100 less than Series X, with 3rd party games on both systems looking pretty much the same graphically.

I see them doing 60 million lifetime sales with a large chunk of that being Series S sales.

Only time will tell.  We will know about Bethesda soon enough, as right now all we have head are general quotes taken out of context and fans of whatever side seem to take them how they want.  Starfield will be very telling as to what MS plans to do with Bethesda, not tip toed PR quotes one way or the other.

So for now we will have to agree to disagree.  This is not the thread for such a discussion.

Last edited by Shiken - on 05 December 2020

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

There is absolutely no way Xbox one generation will be better than series X. So it’s already an improvement. 

Last edited by MasonADC - on 05 December 2020

MasonADC said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

There is absolutely no way Xbox one generation will be better than series X. So it’s already an improvement. 

Unlike Xbox One at its early years, i literally dont need to buy an Xbox to enjoy their games as well as Gamepass if i own a PC

Even Phil Spencer himself said they no longer care about Hardware Sales anymore since and Gamepass being the Future of The Xbox Brand going forward, in fact he went as far to say that he wanted Gamepass on PS5 and Switch

B6a6es said:
MasonADC said:

Unlike Xbox One at its early years, i literally dont need to buy an Xbox to enjoy their games as well as Gamepass if i own a PC

Even Phil Spencer himself said they no longer care about Hardware Sales anymore since and Gamepass being the Future of The Xbox Brand going forward, in fact he went as far to say that he wanted Gamepass on PS5 and Switch

I don’t really think that was the point. Anyways that’s great that they allow for more options

MasonADC said:
B6a6es said:

I don’t really think that was the point. Anyways that’s great that they allow for more options

I would definitely agree Profit-wise (even though Gamepass is quite Costly, Minecraft would cover them regardless) 

Keyword is 'could'.