By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 could see even more 3rd party exclusives than PS4

Conina said:
src said:

Are we sure Knights of the Old Republic won't be getting a PS6 port?

I hope PS6 gets it, it is a classic.

I also hope that Valve is porting Half-Life Alyx (and the rumoured "Codename Citadel") to PSVR2 / PS5... it is a shame if awesome games are stuck on only one platform instead of going for a bigger audience with capable hardware, no matter their hardware choice.

That is the difference: you seem to wish for more exclusivity deals to keep games away from a majority of gamers... I'm not.

Its got nothing to do with wishing. Your methodology is completely baseless hence there is no point in comparing.

Any game can come to any platform at any time, which is so far from reality that its hilarious.

With the occasions of unpredictability, comparing what one has at a point in time is far better.

Around the Network
src said:
Conina said:

I hope PS6 gets it, it is a classic.

I also hope that Valve is porting Half-Life Alyx (and the rumoured "Codename Citadel") to PSVR2 / PS5... it is a shame if awesome games are stuck on only one platform instead of going for a bigger audience with capable hardware, no matter their hardware choice.

That is the difference: you seem to wish for more exclusivity deals to keep games away from a majority of gamers... I'm not.

Its got nothing to do with wishing. Your methodology is completely baseless hence there is no point in comparing.

Any game can come to any platform at any time, which is so far from reality that its hilarious.

With the occasions of unpredictability, comparing what one has at a point in time is far better.

MY comparison was of games ALREADY RELEASED in 2019 + 2020, so no occasions of unpredictability there.

Most of YOUR listed games on the other hand are games which aren't release yet and a final decision about exclusivity ain't announced yet. So it is your list (where you claim that certain third party titles aren't coming to PC / Xbox /Switch) which is pretty baseless and very unpredictable.

Why would anyone think this? When Sony can’t even keep exclusives they MAKE to themselves?

HORIZON is on pc. I’m sure God Of War etc will be in due time.

BlackBeauty said:

Why would anyone think this? When Sony can’t even keep exclusives they MAKE to themselves?

They can't? Where did you took that from? They made a decision to port the game, it had nothing to do with they not being able to do it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
BlackBeauty said:

They can't? Where did you took that from? They made a decision to port the game, it had nothing to do with they not being able to do it.

Fairly certain he wasn't being literal...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Shiken said:
DonFerrari said:

Fairly certain he wasn't being literal...

When using "don't" "won't", etc would be suffice while keeping the rest of the phrase the same, not sure why he would go with "couldn't" and have us interpret how literal or not he was being. I would guess there is a reason for the choice of word.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I thought I should take the feedback, and have now decided to elaborate on the types of exclusives, since there is confusion.

Bold = full exclusive

Bold, italic = console exclusive

Underline = timed console exclusive

Square Enix:

1. FF7R (1 year)
  2. FF16
  3. Project Athia ( 2 years)
  4. Babylon

Capcom : ??

Atlus:

1. Aegis 13 Sentinels
  2. Persona 25th anniversary project
  3. RE fantasy

Bethesda:

1. Deathloop (1 year)
  2. Ghostwire Tokyo (1 year)

Konami:

1. Silent Hill
  2. MGS Remake (Bluepoint)

Cygames:

1. Gran Blue Fantasy
  2. Project Awakening

Tecmo:

1. Team Ninja game
  2. Nioh 1/2 PS5

1. rumoured game

Arcs System Works

1. Guilt Gear Strive

SIE 1st Party Collabs (many of these are rumoured so take with a grain of salt)

1. Arrowhead AAA
  2. FROM SOFTWARE Bloodborne Remastered
  3. Media Vision Wild Arms
  4. Kojima VR title (PT like)
  5. Firesprite (ex-Wipeout devs)

3rd party:

• 16 JP games
  • 1 Western game

1st party collabs:

• 3 JP studios
  • 2 Western studios

Full exclusives: 13

Console exclusives: 4

Timed Console exclusives: 4

Hitman III VR for all 3 games is a megaton announcement for me. I can see PSVR really taking off this gen.

foodfather said:

Hitman III VR for all 3 games is a megaton announcement for me. I can see PSVR really taking off this gen.

Unfuortunately only the PS4 version supports these VR modes, not the PS5 version.

Reputable insiders have just given more info:

- Silent Hill PS5 is real
- MGS remake(s), not just 1
- FF7R will be getting a PS5/PC port

In other news SE trademarked Ever Crisis, possibly FF7 spin off?