By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 5 " Future of Gaming ", June 11 Official Games Reveal/Streaming Thread - PS5 hardware revealed, includes standard and digital editions, PS new motto : "Play Has No Limit "

Are you ready for PS5

I am so Ready 16 51.61%

I am always ready 6 19.35%

Not yet, PS4 still has greatness 3 9.68%

My wallet are not ready 6 19.35%

Total:31

After watching the presentation and rewatching the trailers, I have to say, except if they fuck up the pricepoint, Sony is going to kill it next-gen. MS seriously has to step up their 1st party output if they want to even maintain the Xone/PS4 sales ratio. Overall, not gonna lie, I was impressed, and this even without anything from Naughty Dog and Santa Monica Studios, 2 of my favorite ones.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Stray GOTY 2021

Only because they are keeping ihe big guns like  a PS5 Knack for later.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Just finished watching the 4k vids on a proper screen. Now I really feel the leap.

EDIT: Half a day and this puppy's already viral: https://imgur.com/gallery/fRCwAKD

hinch said:

If you zoom into full-screen the detail is absolutely bonkers. Her hair, and the fact that you can literally see individual strands of hair poking out. The subsurface scattering on the skin looks way more natural.. not to mention the materials and shaders on the clothing.

Nothing that really matters. That is cool stuff for showing off the power of the system and for first impression, but not to have a game that you keep remembering fondly years later.

hinch said:

And yeah, it just looks like they've upped the scope of density of the game, so excited for this one.

Ding, ding, ding. This is the thing I am looking for. Ten years down the line people will not remembering single strands of hair poking out, but remember how big and alive the world felt.

Very different things to be excited about.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Do you guys think PS1,PS2,PS3 BC is happending?

From Astrobot:

Around the Network

It was a good presentation. I'm not a fan of the console design and I will definitely wait for a Slim version like always, but still a good show all in all. My highlights were Resident Evil VIII and Kena. I think it's good that so many Paystation IPs get new games like Gran Turismo, Sackboy/LBP, Ratchet & Clank, and Horizon 2. Then some remakes with Hitman 3 and Demon's Souls, hmm ok cool I guess. Destruction Allstars feels like a reimagining of Destruction Derby to me, I don't know, which is a good thing for certain. It adds to the variety, just like that Oddworld game. Cool for fans of those. Kena is definitely the one game that stood out the most for me, I want to see more of that.

I liked that there was a lot of variety in the genres and there was certainly something for everybody to be found. The show started very low for me with GTA V. Wow. Slow claps, Rockstar. Like, veeeery slow claps... The sad thing is that this will probably still sell several millions of units, which makes me puke a little, but oh well, it is what it is. But then the show got better and all in all it was good. However, I would have liked even more gameplay, it was way too little for me.

I feel like the graphics are a bit better, no doubt, but I haven't seen anything so far that is truly next gen, especially nothing at all that couldn't be done on the XSX either, but then again, I don't value graphics very high anyway. I just want to see more gameplay.

GoOnKid said:

It was a good presentation. I'm not a fan of the console design and I will definitely wait for a Slim version like always, but still a good show all in all. My highlights were Resident Evil VIII and Kena. I think it's good that so many Paystation IPs get new games like Gran Turismo, Sackboy/LBP, Ratchet & Clank, and Horizon 2. Then some remakes with Hitman 3 and Demon's Souls, hmm ok cool I guess. Destruction Allstars feels like a reimagining of Destruction Derby to me, I don't know, which is a good thing for certain. It adds to the variety, just like that Oddworld game. Cool for fans of those. Kena is definitely the one game that stood out the most for me, I want to see more of that.

I liked that there was a lot of variety in the genres and there was certainly something for everybody to be found. The show started very low for me with GTA V. Wow. Slow claps, Rockstar. Like, veeeery slow claps... The sad thing is that this will probably still sell several millions of units, which makes me puke a little, but oh well, it is what it is. But then the show got better and all in all it was good. However, I would have liked even more gameplay, it was way too little for me.

I feel like the graphics are a bit better, no doubt, but I haven't seen anything so far that is truly next gen, especially nothing at all that couldn't be done on the XSX either, but then again, I don't value graphics very high anyway. I just want to see more gameplay.

This really hurts when something like Miles Morales Spider-Man, one of the few games shown to be a launch or early title, had very little gameplay, and is now confirmed as an expansion. Rather misleading.

Not even sure why Square Enix turned up. Guess they just like reminding people they exist. Can't put any stock into what they showed.

Was I the only one noticing there was no mention on backward compatibility and a very strong focus on "next generation" in the final speech?

Did you guys know the games actually showcased the 3D audio Cerny was so excited about?

Yeah, me neither. But now you know, and might re-watch GT7 and Ratchet with that in mind for the full effect.

Honestly, it's nothing to the extent Cerny's PR speech would have led you to believe. Think a good stereo mix with some binaural effects here and there.

haxxiy said:
Did you guys know the games actually showcased the 3D audio Cerny was so excited about?

Yeah, me neither. But now you know, and might re-watch GT7 and Ratchet with that in mind for the full effect.

Honestly, it's nothing to the extent Cerny's PR speech would have led you to believe. Think a good stereo mix with some binaural effects here and there.

I watched the whole thing with headphones, waiting for something to jump out at me in terms of the audio, but suffice it to say it really didn't. I've also just come off putting a whole lot of hours into Hunt: Showdown, so I was actually excited about how Sony might showcase more 3D audio in their games, but if it was there, the effect was lost on me.