By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 5 " Future of Gaming ", June 11 Official Games Reveal/Streaming Thread - PS5 hardware revealed, includes standard and digital editions, PS new motto : "Play Has No Limit "

Are you ready for PS5

I am so Ready 16 51.61%

I am always ready 6 19.35%

Not yet, PS4 still has greatness 3 9.68%

My wallet are not ready 6 19.35%

Total:31

PS fan and PS4 Pro owner here.

The console design didn't please me. I rarely like white devices and this one reminds me of a fancy living room fan. I still quite don't like the dualsense either.

The list of games is solid tho. A good bunch of many genres, but I admit that I'm not really excited for any of that. Perhaps only new Horizon and GT7 to a certain degree.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

Just watched a bunch of pics and videos in the first page of the thread.
That sci-fi helmet-shaped case is a sexy cold-blooded killer.
Project Athia is impressive.
GT7 very impressive.
Godfall graphically impressive, but not my fav action RPG style.
GTA V on 10th gen too and 300M copies sold by 2030 confirmed?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Decker said:

Demons souls was the highlight for me absolutely.

Where you found those , holy fucking shit ..

Dat looks goooood!

WOW! It's a real proper remake, amazing, need to play it. If it is a PS5 exclusive, with no release for PS4, this will bring a few million PS5 units sales from Dark SOuls fans

the-pi-guy said:
haxxiy said:
Did you guys know the games actually showcased the 3D audio Cerny was so excited about?

Yeah, me neither. But now you know, and might re-watch GT7 and Ratchet with that in mind for the full effect.

Honestly, it's nothing to the extent Cerny's PR speech would have led you to believe. Think a good stereo mix with some binaural effects here and there.

It wasn't PR.  

https://youtu.be/hmI9-l3a6FM

3D audio is pretty darn good when it works.  

Just for some reason, it doesn't really seem like it was here. Despite the blog announcement saying that it would be.  So I don't know if the games just didn't really have it implemented despite the promise, or something else.  

I have seen that demo before. Like I said, binaural audio with some good mix as Dolby Atmos has been doing for ages.

Although, obviously, if the sound chip can be used to incentive developers to use more sources, that'll be great already. But I just don't think many third parties will bother and will do everything in the CPU with whatever thread there is to spare.

The major digital version problem will be the shit ass small SSD. Put 3 games on it and it's full. It will be a major problem for digital only people who will need to invest in the SSDs that are allowed on the PS5 much sooner than the physical users.

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:

The major digital version problem will be the shit ass small SSD. Put 3 games on it and it's full. It will be a major problem for digital only people who will need to invest in the SSDs that are allowed on the PS5 much sooner than the physical users.

Dont most disc games come with mandatory install now anyway?

As someone who is exclusively digital aside from GOW which came with my PS4 Pro, I don't think it will be a problem for most. People play like 4-5 games a year and certainly not all at the same time. Its always been painless thing for me to delete games I've completed after a few months.

CuCabeludo said:

Games won't be larger than they currently are, even with the increase in texture size.

There is data that is repeated hundreds of times within current titles because the HDD is too slow, specially concerning seek times, so you need many copies of all major assets spread throughout the disk. Also, suboptimal use of lossless compression because the Jaguar CPU can't keep up with it.

In fact, they could even be smaller, or around the same size of the data within the Blu-ray disk.

the-pi-guy said:
CuCabeludo said:

Games will have less duplication, so they aren't going to get that much bigger.  

Plus, there aren't many games that are the size you are talking about.  Most are still in the ~50 GB range.  This is probably enough for 8-10 titles.  

agreed most of these indies will not be of the same size of a AAA title, and i dont think games will be smaller because you could load theoratically 1/10th of a 1TB SSD as assets within a single frame

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

PDF said:

The PS5 event got my hyped enough I logged in here after who knows how long to just make this post. - I actually like the design, I think it will look better in all black though.

PS2>PS5>PS4>PS3> PS1 - Trying to base on how I felt at the time of reveal. Though PS1 gets extra points for nostalgia.

A can of black spray paint will fix it.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Is Fortnite confirmed for launch window?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!