Forums - Sales Discussion - May NPD 2020: Switch ~530K; PS4/XBO >150K

I hope we get a more precise estimate of the numbers. It's really hard to tell how much Switch sold, mostly because we don't know how many Nintendo can ship. Whatever they shipped, that is basically what they sold.

Around the Network

THE CLIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
THE CLIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Yeah, Switch is clearly falling up a cliff there. Sales will probably be down by negative 5 millions or so at year's end...

no hardware numbers leak yet? 

trunkswd said:
I've adjusted our Switch sales for May up slightly to 435,027 units. I'll wait until we get more information before making more adjustments. I haven't touched our PS4 or Xbox One figures.

Got the leaks on Era.

NPD Thread

That gives you NSW.  PS4 and XBO are further into the discussion.

NSW: ~530K

PS4: ~156K

XBO: ~151K

Around the Network
mk7sx said:
trunkswd said:
I've adjusted our Switch sales for May up slightly to 435,027 units. I'll wait until we get more information before making more adjustments. I haven't touched our PS4 or Xbox One figures.

Got the leaks on Era.

NPD Thread

Thank you for the numbers. 

We are about 95,000 too low for the Switch, Xbox One is only 5,000 too low, and PS4 is 43,000 too high. I'll go ahead and adjust our figures to match NPD and then adjust our figures in Canada and Latin America as NPD is a good basis to figure out those areas. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

mk7sx said:
trunkswd said:

Got the leaks on Era.

NPD Thread

530k. Jesus. Supplied constrained 

All 3 are doing great but my goodness Switch is amazing.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Damn those Switch numbers

This is technically for the first week of June, but oh well  

Nintendo Switch Sales Top 20 Million Units in the US

Nintendo's hybrid video game console, the Nintendo Switch, has surpassed 20 million units sold to consumers in the US, according to VGChartz estimates.

The Nintendo Switch reached the milestone for the week ending June 6, 2020. The console sold 98,487 units to bring its lifetime sales to 20,079,298 units.

It has taken the Nintendo Switch 40 months to sell 20 million units in the US. Comparing this to other current consoles, it took the PlayStation 4 a total of 48 months to reach 20 million units sold in the US, and 51 months for the Xbox One. 

Comparing Switch sales in the US to other platforms by Nintendo, it took the Wii 31 months to sell 20 million units, the DS 43 months, and the 3DS 81 months.

Here is a list of the top 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games worldwide, according to Nintendo's shipment figures through March 31, 2020:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 24.77 million
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 18.84 million
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 17.41 million
  4. Super Mario Odyssey – 17.41 million
  5. Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 17.37 million
  6. Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.97 million
  7. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 11.77 million (first 11 days) / 13.41 million (first six weeks)
  8. Splatoon 2 – 10.13 million
  9. Super Mario Party – 10.10 million
  10. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 6.60 million

The Nintendo Switch launched on Mach 3, 2017. The handheld only version, the Nintendo Switch Lite, launched on September 20, 2019.

VGChartz

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.