By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May NPD 2020: Switch ~530K; PS4/XBO >150K

Wow this is absolutely insane to me. May was an incredibly slow month for video game news and i really thought the momentum for the switch went down. Apparently not so much eh. The Switch is still out of stock on amazon in Canada and has been since AC came out.

There is no way at this point 2020 isn't the peak year and i think the switch can shoot in a 20.5/21 millions this year. The lite launch and Pokemon SS won't stop this since the lite didn't even have much impact on sales later on last year and i think a good BF deal can match Pokemon's release.

The new gen will be hella expensive so they won't compete for the same audience no more.

Anyway, incredible performance.

Around the Network

Never thought I'd see a Zelda game outpace pokemon, but I'm happy to see it. Hopefully it convinces Nintendo to put more ambition into the next Pokemon entry.

RolStoppable said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I think we can definitely say 2020 will be Switch's peak year and that Nintendo's forecast numbers will have to be adjusted up in their next report.

Hold your horses. Don't write off 2021 so soon.

I guess it could happen.. but stuff definately have to allign for that to happen. We could very well see 25M year this year and that's just hard to beat..

Mbolibombo said:
RolStoppable said:

Hold your horses. Don't write off 2021 so soon.

I guess it could happen.. but stuff definately have to allign for that to happen. We could very well see 25M year this year and that's just hard to beat..

It’s entirely possible that this year lineup will be affected and pushed to 2021, which mean a strong and consistent release schedule.

Dat growth in software and hardware spending compared to last year

Switch continues utterly slaying

I wish we could know XC: DE numbers.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
I think we can definitely say 2020 will be Switch's peak year and that Nintendo's forecast numbers will have to be adjusted up in their next report.

Not so fast.

After all, that's what everybody thought and said about last year, too...

I hope we get a more precise estimate of the numbers. It's really hard to tell how much Switch sold, mostly because we don't know how many Nintendo can ship. Whatever they shipped, that is basically what they sold.

THE CLIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
THE CLIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Yeah, Switch is clearly falling up a cliff there. Sales will probably be down by negative 5 millions or so at year's end...

no hardware numbers leak yet?