By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the dumbest game related marketing you've ever seen?

GoOnKid said:

Trying to make Yoshi's Story, obviously a kids game, look cool to teenagers was probably not the smartest idea.

Speaking of Yoshi...

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
GoOnKid said:

Trying to make Yoshi's Story, obviously a kids game, look cool to teenagers was probably not the smartest idea.

Speaking of Yoshi...

Can't imagine where they got the idea

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Speaking of Yoshi...

Can't imagine where they got the idea

Okay I almost puked now. Enough internet for today.

GoOnKid said:

Wtf is this even. Bizarre, uncomfortable, no message, nothing.

The fact that the PS2 one was directed by David Lynch is pretty neat. I'm not even a fan really, but it's kinda cool that a big time, we'll respected director did something like this.

It's called The Third Space, but that stupid duck says: "Welcome to the third place."

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Probably Ouya. That ad had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

You win, that can't be topped.

anything outside of mario kart that looks like multiple people having fun on the couch

full on cringe

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

That time Acclaim offered to pay the fines of anyone caught speeding on the launch day of Burnout 2, effectively encouraging, as Ben Croshaw aptly put it, "a motorized version of The Purge".

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/10/04/uk_govt_slams_irresponsible_speed/

CaptainExplosion said:
javi741 said:
Don Mattrick 2013-"If you're unable to get any sort online connectivity, we have a system for them, it's called Xbox 360"

Bernie Stolar 1997-"The Saturn is not our future"

Bernie Stolar really did help run Sega into the ground.

The Saturn's fate was essentially already sealed at that point. One could even say he was just being honest. Only 9 months after that statement, the Saturn was discontinued, and they were obviously working on the Dreamcast, which launched roughly 17 months and 2 weeks months after he said "Saturn in not our future." Again, I kinda appreciate the honesty.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Conina said:
JWeinCom said:

You win, that can't be topped.

Technically the ad wasn't wrong. Ouya was offering a system dedicated entirely to playing crappy games.