By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the dumbest game related marketing you've ever seen?

"anime fan on prom night"

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Surprised none of you mentioned this.

Leynos said:

I was going to come into this thread and just say "Make the bad guys cry like an Anime Fan on prom night", but then I remembered some of these other horrendous ones. This one is actually pretty tame by comparison! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

The whole Stadia ad campaign.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

When Stolar left SEGA. Their marketing got real bad again. I had to censor one of them but it showed just about everything from old man ass to old man crotch. The other is a man fucking a fish. They got so many complaints about Man Ass one that they revised it in later magazines with a towel over him.

Last edited by Leynos - on 15 May 2020

https://youtu.be/gqkNPcUMffU

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ubisoft for Splinter Cell Conviction had a guy dress up in full tactical gear with a gun and go into public stores as a bad guy. Of course, police were called.

N-gage was marketed at live events with women having the price tag written on their breasts.

Xbox One. TV TV TV TV TV SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS

Wii U "New controller" is it a Wii or a new console?

Name your baby Turok in 2000.

When Tiger tried to take on Nintendo these were their ads!

A woman asks how much does it cost. Angry midget calls her a moron. Yup, great ad guys.

Leynos said:

Oh boy, I remember that car crash of an ad. Who looked at that and thought that was a good idea? XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.