By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Paper Mario: The Origami King announced for Switch!

OOOooooooooOOOOO

I see some improvements from Color Splash already (more than just Toads!?)

They better not mess it up again.

Around the Network

Where the heck did this come from?!

Also, I hope it's more in the vein of the first and second paper Mario games. Super, Colour Splash, and Sticker Star were all....fine I guess...but nothing compares to the original and thousand Year door.

(Honestly, Mario RPG on SNES is the best Mario RPG, but I'll take what I can get)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

nice, looks good! never played a Paper Mario before, this could be the first one, I hope it's RPGish enough

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Looks awesome, never touched the paper mario series but this looks ambitious so it will be a first. I love how bold they were with the writing

Wow! What a drop! And it looks really well crafted!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Them randomly dropping this is kind of bizarre, but I imagine they didn't know whether it would be launching on time or not, and maybe they wanted to reveal it closer to release to avoid the same backlash Color Splash had when it was revealed. This gives less time for anyone to be mad about it not being the traditional style.

That being said it looks like a big improvement, but I do have my worries about the new battle system since it was so awful in the last two games. This one seems like it will have more purpose than that battle system and at least stickers/cards appear to be missing?

Zero_Revolution said:
Them randomly dropping this is kind of bizarre, but I imagine they didn't know whether it would be launching on time or not, and maybe they wanted to reveal it closer to release to avoid the same backlash Color Splash had when it was revealed. This gives less time for anyone to be mad about it not being the traditional style.

That being said it looks like a big improvement, but I do have my worries about the new battle system since it was so awful in the last two games. This one seems like it will have more purpose than that battle system and at least stickers/cards appear to be missing?

The only found gameplay seems to be this at this point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez5EZ1AIVWo&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ&index=2.

It looks okay at first sight.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Hard pass.

This is the same design philosophy from the past two games, only with a shiny new coat of paint.

Fallawful said:
OOOooooooooOOOOO

I see some improvements from Color Splash already (more than just Toads!?)

They better not mess it up again.

That generic Bob-omb that was in the boat with Mario has me worried...

Definitely not going to say I'm excited for this one. It seems to me that this is going to be the same as Color Splash gameplay wise and the lack of showing off the battle system scares me a little. Still going to pick it up.