By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Paper Mario: The Origami King announced for Switch!

The video was clearly meant for the E3 ND the may be more videos in the coming weeks.

Around the Network

Silly Nintendo dropping game announcements out of nowhere! This looks really good! Love the Origami theme.

Signature goes here!

RolStoppable said:
Marth said:
Its classified on the shop page as
Action, Adventure

Therefore confirmed to be no return to the roots. One has to wonder why they are still doing this.

I do not need a return to the roots as long as the mechanics of it are not inherently broken. As for the bold, well, I think we all know Nintendo for being stubborn. 

Well, that kinda came out of nowhere. Looks good too!

And I so wish that the Metroid teaser at the end means something!

burninmylight said:
Fallawful said:
OOOooooooooOOOOO

I see some improvements from Color Splash already (more than just Toads!?)

They better not mess it up again.

That generic Bob-omb that was in the boat with Mario has me worried...

I thought the same. On the other hand, Bowser not being the main enemy is a positive. 

Upon rewatching the trailer, I think this game could easily still fall either way between generic and first two paper Marios. 

Around the Network
Marth said:
Action, Adventure

I'm looking at the eshop right now and it says Adventure/RPG

RolStoppable said:
Marth said:
Action, Adventure

Therefore confirmed to be no return to the roots. One has to wonder why they are still doing this.

It says Adventure/RPG on the eshop, the summary also calls it a comedic RPG adventure.

pikashoe said:
RolStoppable said:

It says Adventure/RPG on the eshop, the summary also calls it a comedic RPG adventure.

Correct even the battle footage shows it's still an RPG even with the changes.

My thoughts so far are that the game looks gorgeous, the environments seem quite large and varied. The writing seems quite funny and the story seems like it might be more interesting than the last 2 games. Character designs are looking a bit generic, but hopefully are made up for with personality. Battle system not enough shown to comment on. Overall mostly positive but need more info on rpg elements and battle system to make a proper judgment on the game.

RolStoppable said:
Marth said:
Action, Adventure

The producer once commented the Mario & Luigi series filled the gap for Mario RPGs and that Intelligent Systems wanted to do something different with Paper Mario. So it's something like that. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.