Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Paper Mario: The Origami King announced for Switch!

burninmylight said:
Fallawful said:
OOOooooooooOOOOO

I see some improvements from Color Splash already (more than just Toads!?)

They better not mess it up again.

That generic Bob-omb that was in the boat with Mario has me worried...

I thought the same. On the other hand, Bowser not being the main enemy is a positive. 

Upon rewatching the trailer, I think this game could easily still fall either way between generic and first two paper Marios. 

Around the Network
Marth said:
Its classified on the shop page as
Action, Adventure

I'm looking at the eshop right now and it says Adventure/RPG

RolStoppable said:
Marth said:
Action, Adventure

Therefore confirmed to be no return to the roots. One has to wonder why they are still doing this.

It says Adventure/RPG on the eshop, the summary also calls it a comedic RPG adventure.

pikashoe said:
RolStoppable said:

Therefore confirmed to be no return to the roots. One has to wonder why they are still doing this.

It says Adventure/RPG on the eshop, the summary also calls it a comedic RPG adventure.

Correct even the battle footage shows it's still an RPG even with the changes.

My thoughts so far are that the game looks gorgeous, the environments seem quite large and varied. The writing seems quite funny and the story seems like it might be more interesting than the last 2 games. Character designs are looking a bit generic, but hopefully are made up for with personality. Battle system not enough shown to comment on. Overall mostly positive but need more info on rpg elements and battle system to make a proper judgment on the game.

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
RolStoppable said:

That provides some slim hope, but until the game itself shows that it is an RPG, I won't believe that it is one. The term 'RPG' is being used very loosely these days.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
Marth said:
Action, Adventure

The producer once commented the Mario & Luigi series filled the gap for Mario RPGs and that Intelligent Systems wanted to do something different with Paper Mario. So it's something like that. 

Looks neat but never liked the Paper Mario series.

But hopefully this at least convinces people that Nintendo won't have zero games the rest of the year. So many people saying they only announce games on Nintendo Directs so there wouldn't be any new games until the Fall at the earliest, and we might not get any new games at all. This announcement obviously shows both those ideas are very wrong. Hopefully there will be a lot less complaining that there will be no new nintendo games rest of the year now.

https://papermario.nintendo.com/

Here's a short video of the new battle system :

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/1260923700875943937

Color Splash was good with a flawed battle system, so let's if they can change that aspect. In the meantime, the story seems so.much better than what we got previously that I'm really intrigued about it.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909