By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Paper Mario: The Origami King announced for Switch!

Looks neat but never liked the Paper Mario series.

But hopefully this at least convinces people that Nintendo won't have zero games the rest of the year. So many people saying they only announce games on Nintendo Directs so there wouldn't be any new games until the Fall at the earliest, and we might not get any new games at all. This announcement obviously shows both those ideas are very wrong. Hopefully there will be a lot less complaining that there will be no new nintendo games rest of the year now.

Around the Network

https://papermario.nintendo.com/

I guess I just have to accept that the days of Paper Mario 64 and TTYD are done. The game visually looks amazing as expected going off Color Splash, and the story seems interesting. As for the battle system...eh. Thousand Fold Arms seem like a replacement for the scissors in CS, but I'll just have to wait to find out more. Overall, looks cool.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 14 May 2020

Wow wasn't expecting that!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Metallox said:
RolStoppable said:

Therefore confirmed to be no return to the roots. One has to wonder why they are still doing this.

The producer once commented the Mario & Luigi series filled the gap for Mario RPGs and that Intelligent Systems wanted to do something different with Paper Mario. So it's something like that. 

I wonder what their take will be now that Alpha Dream is dead, and the future of Mario & Luigi is uncertain. 

Around the Network

I fucking hate twitter directs.

But yeah, awesome reveal.And I loved that beginning.It was really dark for Paper mario standards, and I loved it!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Love it!! Glad Nintendo surprised us instead of leakers ruining it

This is a coin flip for me right now. Either it will be a return to OG Paper Mario or more Sticker Star sadness.

Also anybody else remarked that the game release is in... 64 days?

Nintendo 64 for Switch confirmed???

Looks gorgeous and ambitious but I'm not sure what to think about the battle system. Good to see there are party members (sadly the Bob-omb looks painfullly basic), but that one gameplay video seems to suggest that they don't take part in battle (unless the video doesn't give the whole picture of the battles).