By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unreal Engine 5 Announced + PS5 Demo

Train wreck said:
RolStoppable said:

True, at least as far as initial reactions are concerned.

But after a while everyone is going to realize that the unimpressive third party showings in Microsoft's event will be the same for the PS5, and that the much better received UE5 demo will be the same for the XSX.

Um first reactions are the biggest.  The 3rd party showcase was a mess and the message disconnect between Microsoft and Ubisoft for Assassin's Creed Valhalla is not a good look either.  Microsoft is the one making bold claim about their console.  As it fails to live up to them, that's going to tarnish its image...again.

Funny thing is that we have actually already seen "Next-gen" stuff from MS. People have seemingly forgotten that the Hellblade 2 trailer was In-engine. 

Around the Network

Generally when I see a good tech demo, I'm like "that's pretty good" at best. This? This seems very impressive.

A 2-minute playable tech demo generated a lot more hype than an entire MS show that put me to sleep.

None of the scattering bugs were casting a shadow, only the environment. I couldn't figure out why the bugs looked like shit and that's why.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Looks nice and all but I wonder when will get the first AAA games using UE5?

This was absolutely gorgeous, seemed almost like a movie.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Who else would love this to be a real game in development?

So beautiful, I love it

Looks great