Forums - Sony Discussion - Unreal Engine 5 Announced + PS5 Demo

CGI-Quality said:
trunkswd said:

I understand it takes time for developers to take advantage of the latest tech. Not often do launch games blow people away with the graphics. 

Well, they do though (or, at least, they should). Looking at PS3/360 launch games for example. They were many steps ahead of the previous gen (compare Fight Night Xbox → 360 for example). Was night/day. 

With the Xbox 360 I wasn't blown away with a game until Gears of War launched.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Whoa.

China Numba wan!!

Can you tell if this is 30FPS or 60FPS?

Also worth noting this is 1440p/30fps.

damn.... that looks beautiful...

Around the Network

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

trunkswd said:
CGI-Quality said:

Well, they do though (or, at least, they should). Looking at PS3/360 launch games for example. They were many steps ahead of the previous gen (compare Fight Night Xbox → 360 for example). Was night/day. 

With the Xbox 360 I wasn't blown away with a game until Gears of War launched.

Fair enough (though walking out from the sewers in Oblivion, seeing the boxers' skin in Fight Night, and driving through New York City in Project Gotham Racing 3 did that for me before Gears hit shelves). :P

I think it's safe to say this engine wont be used until the mid life and end of the next gen. First of all it launches next year and people will need to work with it a little, then start making games for it.

Nintendo will probably be able to use it with their next console, but they don't have to worry about it for the Switch imo.

Yeah, thats more like it..not blown away but im reaching for my wallet slowly.

Last edited by loy310 - on 13 May 2020

Huge psychological and PR win to have Unreal Engine 5 demonstrated on PS5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.