By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unreal Engine 5 Announced + PS5 Demo

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I think it's safe to say this engine wont be used until the mid life and end of the next gen. First of all it launches next year and people will need to work with it a little, then start making games for it.

Nintendo will probably be able to use it with their next console, but they don't have to worry about it for the Switch imo.

Yeah, thats more like it..not blown away but im reaching for my wallet slowly.

Last edited by loy310 - on 13 May 2020

Huge psychological and PR win to have Unreal Engine 5 demonstrated on PS5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Captain_Yuri said:

i was waiting for this, thank you :)

Around the Network

edit - mistakenly double posted 

Agree to all who said that it's a mid-gen thing. The engine comes out in 21, we will most likely only see its benefits in 23. Unless they have some sort of easy upgrade so that games in dev right now on unreal 4 can be easily switched to version 5. If somebody could share with us how transition from unreal 3 to 4 played out, it'd be nice.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

theDX said:
Can't wait for that 4K dust technology…

Rocks be lookin sexy tho right? (in that video)

Those cliff sides, the textures and lightning... its just impressive.

Otter said:
Also worth noting this is 1440p/30fps.

Yeah DF guys just mentioned this (about 12,30 mins into their video).
This if 1440p upscaled to 4k, and its running 30fps.

the-pi-guy said:

The unreal engine 4 demo on PS4 was largely surpassed by the end of the gen. ( I'm no graphics guru...)

And I expect the same thing here.  Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Rockstar, and others, I fully expect them to surpass this demo pretty easily.  

At this point with ps5 almost out, It'd be nice if someone could come up with a thread with lots of ps4 release materials, demos and other stuff. We tend to easily forget how things evolved from there.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?