By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results May 7th 2020 - Switch: 55.77m, (21m for the FY) Animal Crossing: 11.77m

55.77m would mean it's under tracked on VGC especially as the platform was sold out completely in the latter half of April it also means the platform is closer to 60m than expected maybe 58m at this point, BOTW's total with the update is now 19m and for the first time on a platform a mainline Zelda has overtaken a mainline Mario, Splatoon 2 crosses the 10m mark as does SMP, ACNH enters the list of 10m sellers, 4 of the top 5 selling games sold 1m plus in what is normally the slowest period for Nintendo.

Around the Network

Yeah Goose Game could be one of the 3rd party million sellers.

Wonder about Final Fantasy VII maybe?

RolStoppable said:
MasonADC said:

It’s hard to say but in a world without the virus I find it hard to believe that there would be only 140 million software sales as your user base increased by that much

Nintendo's forecast notes significant uncertainties due to the coronavirus that could affect production, distribution and game development. A such, all forecasts are on the conservative side.

The software forecast specifically is more affected because it includes games of Nintendo and third parties alike, so Nintendo has to account for the worldwide effects, not just primarily Japan where most of their own developers are located. In times like this it's difficult enough to provide an accurate forecast for your own capacities, but the total software sales mean that Nintendo has to account for potential delays of third party games that are developed all around the world.

I know 

Looking like the NES will be outsold before the holidays arrive at this point.

They say COVID19 situation has seriously impacted development in Japan ... think we're probably looking at a somewhat crappy holiday lineup then unfortunately.

Mario 3D World Deluxe
Mario 3D Collection (Galaxy + Sunshine + 64?)
Maybe a port of Wii U Paper Mario game?

Not sure if BOTW2 or Bayo 3 will happen this year. Probably all developers will be impacted (goes for all systems). 

Around the Network

Looks like the switch is undertracked by a decent amount on here.

Cliffs don't matter when you can fly.

Soundwave said:
They say COVID19 situation has seriously impacted development in Japan ... think we're probably looking at a somewhat crappy holiday lineup then unfortunately.

Mario 3D World Deluxe

From the non Nintendo side

Bayonetta 3
Bravely Default 2

I think it will be solid. 

Hold on just a minute on the 'undertracked' comments. That's what we thought 3 months ago when they released their December figures. Then we got their 'Presentation Matieral' slideshow which revealed that it was actually just slightly overtracked. So, don't go counting your chickens before they hatch just yet.

Otter said:
Soundwave said:

Mario 3D World Deluxe

From the non Nintendo side

Bayonetta 3
Bravely Default 2

I think it will be solid. 

I dunno about Bayonetta 3, think it would be great if it happened, but Platinum probably is being impacted by the same workplace disruptions. If they could get it done though they would probably see a very, very nice boost in sales if its the main brand new Switch marquee title for the holiday.