By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results May 7th 2020 - Switch: 55.77m, (21m for the FY) Animal Crossing: 11.77m

RolStoppable said:

Updated the spreadsheet with the latest shipment data.

Switch hardware and software shipments

Nintendo's first party games have crossed the 190m mark with the 100% confirmed data. Factoring in unconfirmed shipments, 200m might have already been reached.

You are missing 10k in that sheet

This FY shipped 21.03M and total is at 55.77M

Around the Network

So the 9 third party games are physical releases it seems ... revise my guesses to

Dragon Quest XI
Minecraft
Mortal Kombat 11
Crash Team Racing
Cuphead
Witcher 3
Just Dance
FIFA (?)
Overwatch?

RolStoppable said:

Nintendo's first party games have crossed the 190m mark with the 100% confirmed data. Factoring in unconfirmed shipments, 200m might have already been reached.

Also if you are looking for more Software data our GameDB for Switch is up to date with everything.

Saw your ARMS total is too low.

I can get Nintendos million seller data once a year. So getting new Updates for Switch titles (until end of 2019) will happen around August/September when the new report is out.

Marth said:
RolStoppable said:

Those missing 10k should solve themselves eventually, because Nintendo's financial report is missing them too. The breakdown of Switch and Switch Lite shipments combines to 10k less than the total Nintendo gives for both of them combined.

Marth said:

Also if you are looking for more Software data our GameDB for Switch is up to date with everything.

I can get Nintendos million seller data once a year. So getting new Updates for Switch titles (until end of 2019) will happen around August/September when the new report is out.

Where are you getting those additional sales numbers from?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi's Crafted World
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

No update about those? I am super curious

Around the Network

Awesome

RolStoppable said:
Marth said:

Those missing 10k should solve themselves eventually, because Nintendo's financial report is missing them too. The breakdown of Switch and Switch Lite shipments combines to 10k less than the total Nintendo gives for both of them combined.

Marth said:

Where are you getting those additional sales numbers from?

The CESA whitepaper.

It releases every year (I hope this year is not delayed) and surveys big Japanese publishers for their titles. So any data in there is official.

Its a big book with lots of data about the Japanese and global gaming market.

Soundwave said:

So the 9 third party games are physical releases it seems ... revise my guesses to

Dragon Quest XI
Minecraft
Mortal Kombat 11
Crash Team Racing
Cuphead
Witcher 3
Just Dance
FIFA (?)
Overwatch?

I think the Spyro Trilogy is also quite likely to be on there. Probably more so than Overwatch since it had a shaky launch to say the least.

Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned

2021 predictions:

• Switch - 27m
  • PS5 - 15.5m
  • Xbox Series - 10m

Marth said:

The CESA whitepaper.

It releases every year (I hope this year is not delayed) and surveys big Japanese publishers for their titles. So any data in there is official.

Its a big book with lots of data about the Japanese and global gaming market.

I'll have to look into that. If it's truly official data, then I might add it to the spreadsheet with an asterisk (or rather italicized because asterisks would mess with the defined calculations of cells in the sheet) to have a distinction between data from Nintendo's financial reports and numbers from CESA.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Awesome sales!!

But looking at the barren upcoming schedule is disappointing :(

Hoping that the rumors for the Mario remasters are true! If so maybe we'll see one kick off the summer!