By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results May 7th 2020 - Switch: 55.77m, (21m for the FY) Animal Crossing: 11.77m

PAOerfulone said:
Hold on just a minute on the 'undertracked' comments. That's what we thought 3 months ago when they released their December figures. Then we got their 'Presentation Matieral' slideshow which revealed that it was actually just slightly overtracked. So, don't go counting your chickens before they hatch just yet.

We know it's under tracked due to these numbers being to the end of March and the Switch being sold out in April key point on sold out this means the shipment number they give for the end of March is near enough the sell through right now where they had to halt shipments to certain regions to have stock in others.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
Hold on just a minute on the 'undertracked' comments. That's what we thought 3 months ago when they released their December figures. Then we got their 'Presentation Matieral' slideshow which revealed that it was actually just slightly overtracked. So, don't go counting your chickens before they hatch just yet.

Very different situation now, that was after Christmas when they overstocked. We know for a fact that the switch sold through all of its stock from March in early April, due to the massive stock shortages worldwide. Vgchartz only has it at 54.9 million by the 25th of April.

So the 9 third party games are physical releases it seems ... revise my guesses to

Dragon Quest XI
Minecraft
Mortal Kombat 11
Crash Team Racing
Cuphead
Witcher 3
Just Dance
FIFA (?)
Overwatch?

Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi's Crafted World
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

No update about those? I am super curious

Awesome

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

So the 9 third party games are physical releases it seems ... revise my guesses to

Dragon Quest XI
Minecraft
Mortal Kombat 11
Crash Team Racing
Cuphead
Witcher 3
Just Dance
FIFA (?)
Overwatch?

I think the Spyro Trilogy is also quite likely to be on there. Probably more so than Overwatch since it had a shaky launch to say the least.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Awesome sales!!

But looking at the barren upcoming schedule is disappointing :(

Hoping that the rumors for the Mario remasters are true! If so maybe we'll see one kick off the summer!

Marth said:
I find it interesting that Nintendo has put more money into R&D this year than ever before.
Would love to see what things they are working on.

R&D spending has increased every year since 2016 and this year was quite a jump upwards.

Does R&D cover only hardware or also software development?

ACNH is already the best selling AC game btw

you could argue that is because the switch has no other games worth playing, when comparing to the library of the DS/3DS

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.