By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results May 7th 2020 - Switch: 55.77m, (21m for the FY) Animal Crossing: 11.77m

So how much profit did they make in the quarter?

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

2.3 billion

SKMBlake said:
sethnintendo said:

2.3 billion

That yen or dollars.  I assume yen.

So after seeing what Microsoft/Sony have done for presenting their next gen consoles, Nintendo has them shook. I personally have not been impressed by anything that I have seen and don't know many others impressed (most seem to be preparing to switch to PC instead of the next console). Nintendo is going to dominate the next few years.

Nintendo with the Switch:

xl-klaudkil said:
Insane sales! If this keeps up switch could become the best selling console of all time!

Everybody (almost) loves the console, everybody want this to happen.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Also, I think "least amount of content" is plain wrong and solely based on the number of boards in the game. Of the Mario Party games I played, usually half or more of the boards were so unappealing that they weren't played more than two times. That's why it doesn't mean much when SMP has fewer boards to begin with, because what people care the most about are minigames and SMP has 84 of them which is more than most other MP

I agree with this, when I play this with my kids we literally never play boards, we just pick random minigames.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

sethnintendo said:
SKMBlake said:

2.3 billion

That yen or dollars.  I assume yen.

2586億円 = 2.3 billion dollars.

Updating my Switch lifetime prediction again. Switch is selling beyond my expectations. And it's insane how fast Animal Crossing is selling. The original game had 4 different releases across 2 platforms and wasn't even originally going to come to the West. Wild World made the series mainstream, City Folk is the black sheep, and then New Leaf turned it around and was the highest selling Animal Crossing up to its time. And now New Horizons has outsold New Leaf's lifetime sales in only about 6 weeks. It's not crazy anymore to say 25 million lifetime for New Horizons is a lock.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Well deserved success as far as I am concerned. I feel the Switch will end up being their second place gaming device overall and first if just looking at consoles, as far as sales go. Passing the Wii will be easily achieved.

Last edited by Shiken - on 07 May 2020

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Nuvendil said:
And with that, it has happened. A 3D Zelda has surpassed a contemporaneous 3D Mario. And not just any 3D Mario but by far the most successful in history. Insane. And Animal Crossing is looking like it's going to join many of Nintendo's franchise entries on Switch in shattering franchise records.

The Switch is giving many of Nintendo's franchises a shot in the arm.I wonder what this could mean for Metroid?

3M?