By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results May 7th 2020 - Switch: 55.77m, (21m for the FY) Animal Crossing: 11.77m

Dyotropic said:
All the games with over 10 million copies sold have received DLC except super mario party. The one game that needed DLC the most.

Yeah I don't understand why they aren't updating it with classic maps at least. That's the major complaint everyone seems to have about the game (aside from stars only costing 10 coins now) and it doesn't seem like it would be too much work to fix.

I remember when it first came out people were convinced there would be free updates like with Splatoon 2. I wish I could go back to the days when I believed it.

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

Around the Network
SuperJortendo said:
Dyotropic said:
All the games with over 10 million copies sold have received DLC except super mario party. The one game that needed DLC the most.

Yeah I don't understand why they aren't updating it with classic maps at least. That's the major complaint everyone seems to have about the game (aside from stars only costing 10 coins now) and it doesn't seem like it would be too much work to fix.

I remember when it first came out people were convinced there would be free updates like with Splatoon 2. I wish I could go back to the days when I believed it.

Even luigi's mansion and captain toad received dlc despite lower sales. I've been telling myself that it's just too broken to be worth fixing. It should have 10-12 maps, not four. And the four it does have are tiny. The game is poorly balanced. Whoever lands on the partner spaces first becomes significantly overpowered. Wish they would just go back to the games traditional roots. 

Dyotropic said:

You make a very good point.  It is conspicuous.

My guess is that they are working on making another Mario Party game for Switch while most of those other 10m+ sellers are only getting one entry on the Switch.  This isn't meant to be a comfort.  I just think that is what they are doing, so they aren't bothering with DLC.

OP updated with profits and income.

Soundwave said:

So the 9 third party games are physical releases it seems ... revise my guesses to

Dragon Quest XI
Minecraft
Mortal Kombat 11
Crash Team Racing
Cuphead
Witcher 3
Just Dance
FIFA (?)
Overwatch?

Cuphead hasn't had a physical release yet has it? I thought they were waiting on the DLC to release it all as one.

Anyway, I think the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Team Sonic Racing could possibly be among them.

rapsuperstar31 said:
When these 4 games came out, I was hoping for better sales. The sales are great, but not top tier by Nintendo standards. I hope they sold enough to get sequels, and more Zelda remakes. I know Fire Emblem is a somewhat niche game, but easily my favorite game on the Switch.

Luigi’s Mansion 3: 6.33m (0.96)
Super Mario Maker 2: 5.48m (0.40)
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening: 4.38m (0.19)
Fire Emblem: Three Houses: 2.87m (0.29)

I think Luigi's Mansion is selling incredibly well! Don't see how you could be disappointed in a Luigi's Mansion game that is easily gonna surpass 10 million! It's not one of Nintendo's mega franchises so easily beating 10 million is incredible!

Link's Awakening is a bit disappointing given that it was over 3 million in like the first 11 days or whatever. I guess just everyone who wanted it pretty much got it at launch. As cool as it is, you also have to realize its a remake of a pretty short GAMEBOY game, and its selling at full price! Taking that into account and the Zelda franchise's pre-BotW sales and the fact that it will eventually break 5 million is actually fantastic!

Fire Emblem I know nothing about haha so won't comment but I didn't think that was a big selling franchise so those numbers seem pretty good to me.

Super Mario Maker 2 is the real disappointment of this list. That's a game that it would seem like it should fly over 10 million easily and fairly quickly and instead it'll be lucky if it gets close to 10 million when all is said and done.

Around the Network
MuchoJose said:
Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi's Crafted World
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

No update about those? I am super curious

Yeah no idea why those weren't listed when even the likes of Astral Chain were.

I'd also quite like to know how much Yoshi sold.

Marth said:

Nintendo Switch

Hardware: 55.77million units
Software: 356.24million units

Nintendo 3DS

Hardware: 75.77million units
Software: 383.11million units

Switch will beat 3DS total Software easily this year lol

It's also on the verge of passing GBA (377m) and SNES (379m) in total software sales, after just 3 years.

Glad that Astral chain and UA3 sold 1 million but sad that Daemon X Machina didn't do so well. Other than that, these games are beasts. Ring fit adventure is just getting started and Animal Crossing is beast mode while Mario Kart 8 deluxe will probably sell millions more. Splatoon 2 finally at 10 mil like it deserves and Zelda outselling pokemon and Mario 3d.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Stock price is down over 5% after earnings. They are clearly doomed.

Ot.Thanks for the update