By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results May 7th 2020 - Switch: 55.77m, (21m for the FY) Animal Crossing: 11.77m

The forecasted software sales only being 140 million is a bad sign. Big games meant for this fiscal year will definitely be delayed

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
I am mostly surprised by Mario Kart's numbers. 24 million in 3 years is an incredible number, it can definitly beat Mario Kart Wii by the end of the console's life

For sure. I've actually been making a chart where I launch align the two and while its still behind MKWii its clearly gaining ground, especially last quarter:

This is based on Nintendo's quarterly shipment numbers which you can still access from way back. It's worth noting that MKWii sold around 2 mil more after the point where this graph stops.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Well, looks like their Big Three just became a Fab Four!

MasonADC said:
The forecasted software sales only being 140 million is a bad sign. Big games meant for this fiscal year will definitely be delayed

Or they never had any planned outside of the mario collection

12 days. It only took 12 days for New Horizons to outdo what Wild World did in its entire life. And it only trails New Leaf by 780k. It's not just breaking the record for the franchise, it's SHATTERING the fucking thing!

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
12 days. It only took 12 days for New Horizons to outdo what Wild World did in its entire life. And it only trails New Leaf by 780k. It's not just breaking the record for the franchise, it's SHATTERING the fucking thing!

It already surpassed New Leaf. The current total is just over 13 million. 

But seriously software wise I wouldn't immediately think "delays", I would instead think that whatever they have planned simply isn't going to be as big as lasts years line up (Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda, Mario Maker 2)

You have Nintendo mega titles (like the ones populating that list), and then you have their B/C list. They can't constantly push out the A list, although they can try and create more of them but its not realistic.

Those software sales are really something else, Nintendo is benefitting from their audience aging up and having more money to spend. Even Animal Crossing's demo according to what they're saying was primarily in the 20-30 age range.

MasonADC said:

Well theres a deadly virus going round m8. Kinda have to be realistic with these things.

OTBWY said:
MasonADC said:

Well theres a deadly virus going round m8. Kinda have to be realistic with these things.

That was...the point of my message?