Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results May 7th 2020 - Switch: 55.77m, (21m for the FY) Animal Crossing: 11.77m

So looking over all the data I added to the sales database

This quarter:
MK8 +1.8M
SwSh +1.3M
Smash +1.1M
BotW +1M

Animal Crossing 12M

Nintendo basically had another holiday quarter.

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Around the Network

21m Switches? Not bad, not bad at all.

Breath of the Wild continues its march towards 20m, and Animal Crossing is just being Animal Crossing.

Anyone else think that their estimate to sell 19 million switches in FY21 is low? This would put them at 76 million 4 years in. 

Dyotropic said:

Anyone else think that their estimate to sell 19 million switches in FY21 is low? This would put them at 76 million 4 years in. 

Maybe it is based on their release schedule, letting Animal Crossing do some heavy lifting for awhile.

Awesome sales!!

But looking at the barren upcoming schedule is disappointing :(

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Insane! Cant wait for the 100mil milestone and then further ;)

Dyotropic said:

Probably due to Corona virus uncertainty? They most likely don't know how software development and hardware shipments will be affected in the coming months, as this isn't over yet. Their original forecast for last year was 18m after all and that was conservative, too.

Nice on Astral Chain. The next milestone is NES.

Bite my shiny metal Cockpit!

And now people will understand why EA suddenly wants to put games on the Switch. It is a sales monster and it is not stopping anytime soon.

Nintendo Switch

Hardware: 55.77million units
Software: 356.24million units

Nintendo 3DS

Hardware: 75.77million units
Software: 383.11million units

Switch will beat 3DS total Software easily this year lol

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread