By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which next gen console are you looking forward to the most?

Which next gen console are you looking forward to the most?

PS5 1,101 69.33%

Xbox Series X 487 30.67%

Total:1,588

So far, Sony has given me zero reason to care about PS5.

MS on the other hand has been much more forthcoming and already promised at least one game I'm interested in (Hellblade 2) so I am tentatively interested in Xbox Series X.

Around the Network

Honestly I may just sit out next gen in terms of consoles and just ride out my Switch and Xbox One for the duration, or at least waiting for 3 or 4 years. The main reason being that I want to get a new gaming PC rig within the next couple of years, as the one I have is like 8 years old now. So there really wouldn't be much point in getting a new Xbox console - especially since I can simply join Gamepass for some of the time if I want to access new Series X games that aren't available/ideal on PC or want to play on Live w/friends. This notion could change depending on a number of factors (may reconsider if it's cheap enough) but right now this is what I'm thinking.

My backlog is also still vast and it'll probably take an entire gen to catch up on 

And I was never much of a Sony person so that's out.

So I guess the answer is - continuation of Switch + gaming PC.

But again, I don't rule out eventually getting a Series X, and if I had to choose I'd definitely opt for that one, barring a huge price vs PS5.

Last edited by DarthMetalliCube - on 06 May 2020

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I'll say the PS5 though I'm not particularly excited for either one at the moment.
I might pick one of them up midway through the gen, but for now I'm quite content with the systems I have.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

So far, I am not really excited by none of them. Without seeing games running, it's hard to feel anything.

PS5 by far. I got a PS4 last year, and it will be nice to carry over my account. Also if I so desire for backwards compatibility with PS4, that's an option as well. I have a strong feeling I'll hang on to my PS4 Pro instead of selling it to get a PS5, but we'll see. I don't have interest in first-party Microsoft games, so that discourages me from an Xbox. There are also more Japanese games on PlayStation, and Japan puts out the best video games in my mind.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
mjk45 said:

This interests me, we pretty much know that all the big games will be reprised on their respective consoles and we also know that 3rd party will continue to support both so in many ways its a continuation of the present with the benefit of better hardware,sure there will be some who are attracted by  tflops numbers but speaking for myself I'm past the point of looking at blown up still images indicating a difference so minor that a pointer is needed and even if I had eagle eyes  most often in game I'm  to busy  taking action or moving through the game world to even look, so honestly I can't see any compelling reasons to move from one platform to the other and that includes moving in either direction.

Another thing that intrigues me is the excitement for all the new developers along with older ones being recast, why this interests me is history shows how damn hard it is to make a  game that becomes the next Halo uncharted etc, and there's more to it than how many teams you have or how talented your team is, one of the reasons why you sometimes see a successful franchise continued past it's use by date besides wanting milk money, is because its damn hard, making one great game/ franchise doesn't automatically lead to more.

In my case I will do what I have done since the PS3 slim  trade in old games and get both just not at once but the PS5 will remain my main platform because of my investment in that ecosystem and its games rather than me thinking its a better console, in that regard to me itI feels  pretty much even in so far as both will have exclusives that take that extra step and 3rd party will be pretty much standard across both systems.

I'll more than likely main a PS5 also. I'm incredibly interested to see the next efforts from Insomniac, Santa Monica and Guerrilla. It's been over 3 years since Horizon, so I fully expect a sequel to release sometime during 2021... I just feel like Sony are really dropping the ball on pre-launch hype. Their PS5 blowout event really can't come quick enough.

For the first time I'm actually going to be a late adopter, as things stand. Unless there's a real killer app, something like Breath of the Wild was for Switch, I really don't see me getting onboard with next generation.

Voted PS5.

By the way,Perhaps most people judge it solely on the paper specs, so now is the best time for the XBOX.

Please make the same thread again in the fall

pcpcpc .... There seem to be a lot of idiots who can't read the thread title.

Wow, big jump after todays xbox live event

axumblade said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Voted PS5.

By the way,Perhaps most people judge it solely on the paper specs, so now is the best time for the XBOX.

Please make the same thread again in the fall

I'm planning on it. :) 

Thanks

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
pcpcpc .... There seem to be a lot of idiots who can't read the thread title.

Please don't call them names. I don't want the thread to become about something that it's not but it hasn't gotten to a point of moderation on anyone's part. 

Sorry,I think I went too far.