By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Game From The Year You Were Born?

Born in 1984 so the most succesful game from then till now is Tetris.
Star Wars was the best arcade game,Space shutlle best console game and Ultima III the best Pc game.

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger.

Not many video games were released in 1283

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

In Europe Zelda II was released.

Elsewhere Mario Bros. 2 (America), Mario Bros 3. (Japan), Mega Man 2 (Japan) and Final Fantasy II were also released, and I think some home version of Tetris released somewhere.

I was born in 1987, the same year Legend of Zelda saw its western release. For all intents and purposes, the game came from that year in my country. Having said that, Legend of Zelda gets my vote.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Donkey Kong

CaptainExplosion said:
SanAndreasX said:
Space Invaders.

Is it too late to wish you a happy 42nd birthday?

Not at all, my birthday was in January but I'll take it.

1982... that means a duel of RPG sequels:

In the Red corner, we got the sequel to the original First Person Dungeon crawler, the first expansion pack (it needs a savegame from the first title to run), the father of Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy and grandfather or Etrian Odyssey: Wizardry II: The Knight of Diamonds

In th Blue corner, we got the sequel to the one game which really started CRPGs on home computers (there existed some PLATO RPGs in universities beforehand), the mother of Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy (JRPGs in general borrowed heavily from both series and mashed both together into one genre) and grandfather of all Karma meters: Ultima II: The Revenge of the Enchantress

Who's gonna win this epic RPG duel? For me, they're about the same level.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 03 May 2020

Born in 1992, I guess Mario Kart?

A lot of good games were released in the year I was born, so I'll pick my personal favourite - Super Metroid