By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Game From The Year You Were Born?

Video games were still in their infancy in 1976 (the Atari 2600 was still a year away from even being released).  From what was released that year, I guess I would say Breakout.

Around the Network

I think DQ VIII.

Archon: The light and the dark

I can't possibly name just one.

Donkey Kong
Turbo
Galaga
Frogger
Ultima 1 The First Age of Darkness

But if I have to only select one, I'd go with the one that aged the best out of them and go with Donkey Kong.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VI

Mandalore76 said:

Video games were still in their infancy in 1976 (the Atari 2600 was still a year away from even being released).  From what was released that year, I guess I would say Breakout.

I was going to go arcade and haptic feedback with Fonz

Hoop and a stick.

Chinese food for breakfast

Fun topic! I'm the same age as the OP here so it's an easy answer of Super Mario World for the best game of 1990.

However if I were to pick a favourite one from my year which I actually played as a young kid I'm choosing Castle of Illusion - the Master System version. Have fond memories playing that when I was like 4 years old back when we lived in Scotland.

Dante9 said:
Born in 1976, so there wasn't much more than arcade games, do they count? Well, it seems there was a game called Colossal Cave Adventure for the PDP-10 computer(?). Guess I'll go with that. It's a text-based adventure game. Yay.

Of course arcade games count! ^^