By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Game From The Year You Were Born?

This is the only one I could find for 1968...  multiple games per year didn't really exist until the 70s....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamurabi_(video_game)

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

You missed out on some great ones that year.

Of course, every year has some great games. I know Yoshi's Island is from 1995 too, but it's not really my thing. Outside of those two I can't really think of a notable game from that year.

Depends of what kind of gamer you were/are...for my taste Warcraft II, Command & Conquer, Star Wars: Dark Forces, Worms, Heroes of Might&Magic, Rayman as well as steady stream of LucasArts P&C adventures (Full Throttle, The Dig) along with some games in more niche genres (Steel Panthers and Battlegrounds: Buldge) is what I remember from that year.

Hard one, I narrowed it down to:

Zaxxon
Ultima II
Pole Position

The year is 1982

Machina said:

I dunno about best, these things being subjective, but my favourite:

I loved that game!

It's so sad Sega had to go all edgy and dump Alex Kidd in favor of Sonic that sucks in comparison.

Chrono Trigger
Donkey Kong Country 2
Yoshi's Island

Around the Network

(1986)
Top picks:
Legend of Zelda
Bubble Bobble - oddly enough still one of my favorite games, at least when it comes to local multiplayer (was even first launched in the same month I was born!)

Runners up:
Dragon Quest
Castlevania
Super Mario 2/Lost Levels

(I'm sure Metroid belongs on this list but in all honestly, I've only played just a bit of it to this day. Want to rectify this at some point)

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Mainly just Atari and arcade games for me so I guess I'll go with Pole Position. Thought the games graphics were amazing back in day. I also like Joust a lot.

A LOT of good games came out in '96... I'd say Pokemon Red takes the cake, though Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario 64 and MK64 are up there.

Pokémon Gold & Silver, got released very shortly before I was born (Japanese release, here in Europe they only got released 2 years later).

Pac-Man (1980)

Signature goes here!