By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name ONE unannounced game that would make you instantly preorder a next gen console

taus90 said:
INFAMOUS 1 REMAKE
Machina said:
Shadow of the Colossus 2.
Vodacixi said:
New Jak and Daxter
Bloodborne 2
Pemalite said:
Playstation 5: Uncharted 5
VersusEvil said:
Demon Souls Remastered
Frank_kc said:
Killzone 2 Remake

Any of these would do it for me really, but they're all secondary to a DQXII

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Just anything? For one of the new consoles that are already announced (PS5 or XSX) I assume?

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 3.

Exclusive to either one I don't care. I'd even buy it if it has an EA logo on the box, it's the one thing EA can have their name on that I'd buy.

The KOTOR duology are some of my favorite games ever.

Right now I really have no interest in Xbox platforms. It's the hardware family I've played the least on, and I've never owned any Xbox (but my siblings did).

But if KOTOR 3 came out on Xbox Series X, that would be a game-changer. Now I probably still wouldn't instantly pre-order the console, as I don't have $500 to spare on a non-essential purchase right now. But it would make me want a Series X within a year or so of its launch. And provided they aren't any exclusives I want to play in the first few years of the PS5, it would make me put off getting that console. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

1) The Getaway
2) Uncharted with Sam, Chloe, Cutter and Sully.
3) Killzone 4 (Shadow Fall never happened)
4) Eight Days
5) Folklore
6) Snatcher Remake

On the Xbox
1) Otogi 3
2) Perfect Dark Remake
3) Jade Empire Remake

Multiplat that could go to any console
1) Fade to Black Remake or sequel
2) Phantasy Star Online
3) Fight Night
4) Def Jam (with real rappers and like a fleshed out Fight for NY)
5) Sleeping dogs sequel

A Chrono series remake/sequel

Ninja Gaiden 4.

Around the Network

There are a lots of particular single games I would consider buying a new console for.

Resident Evil 8 (if it wasn't cross gen)
Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Mindblowingly immersive unannounced AAA VR title
Elder Scrolls 6 VR
Fallout 5 VR
GTA 6 VR (if Rockstar adds a first-person mode (like in GTA 5), I hope they think about going VR with it)
Bioshock Infinite VR (if they made this, this would be perfect)
Cyberpunk 2077 VR (I wish! This has to happen)
Dying Light VR (Another dream of mine)
Minecraft VR (Why isn't this on PSVR already? The PC version is VR compatible, same with Fallout 4)
9th gen New Mario
9th gen Zelda
9th gen Metroid Prime
9th gen Animal Crossing etc
Or a completely new AAA game that was different and blew me away for the first time.

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-main-stream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.

Probably GTA 6

Gaiden 4...guest starring 3 characters from DOA. Like Bass, Jann Lee and Christie.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Honestly nothing, I need at least 10 games that interest me before considering purchasing one of the next gen consoles.

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Honestly nothing, I need at least 10 games that interest me before considering purchasing one of the next gen consoles.

Not even BOTW2 if it was delayed for Switch 2?