By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name ONE unannounced game that would make you instantly preorder a next gen console

Preorder nothing....maybe something Chrono Trigger related. But I believe the only system or even game for that matter that I've preorderd was the N64 and Mario 64. If Last of Us gets announced as a launch PS5 game I will probably skip it on the PS4 and just wait until I end up buying the PS5.

Around the Network

For me I won't get a next gen system unless the unannounced game I want is outstanding. Ratchet and Clank on PS4 is what made me get a PS4 and I was disappointed by it. I'm not holding my breath for a new one anyway with the direction Sony owned studios are going for their games.
Honestly the PS5 is most likely the first PlayStation I won't buy.

A new WipEout game would be my choice; there has not been a new WipEout console game since Fusion back in 2002 during the PS2 era. Yes we've had HD and HD Fury but those were mainly HD remasters of the handheld games as they featured the same teams and tracks (but not all of them) from WipEout Pure and WipEout Pulse on the PSP and the Omega Collection was just a compilation of those (in effect a remaster of a remaster) with 2048.

A new TimeSplitters

Sadly, nothing. The bad thing about sticking exclusively with Nintendo for too long. I would've said Gears of War but it's been years since I left my excitement for the series.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

bloodborne 2

Bandorr said:
Are we excluding the switch?
PlayStation I'm going to get (try) day 1. Four generations have shown they will have games I want to play. Plus I don't want to deal with trying to find one.

If Xbox is still going full PC BC? Then nothing.

If Xbox actually had X series exclusives? Alan wake 2. oh wait.. dark dreams don't die.
Hard choice between those two.

Kind of hard to preorder a Switch since it's been out for several years ago.  However if you had asked me 4 years ago I would have said this,

"The only console I've ever bought at launch was a SNES.  However, what I've wanted from Nintendo for a long time is a Zelda game that gave me the same feeling I had with the original.  Give me the freedom to explore and go wherever I want.  I don't care if I go somewhere hard that will kill me.  Let me do it!  Make Zelda a game about freedom again.  If they do that I'll preorder a system, even though I never buy them at launch anymore."

Of course, this is exactly what they did, and so I preordered a system. 

I really believe that games sell a system more than anything.  A company can charge whatever they want as long as their games are good enough.  However if they are going to launch at a high price, then they better have some phenomenal games.  Is their system powerful?  Well they better have some mind blowing games to show off that power.  If it's just the same type of games as before with better graphics, then that doesn't really justify the price, IMO.

A new Ratchet and Clank. Preferably not a remake.

Last edited by Eric2048 - on 01 May 2020

Chrono Break

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Dragon Quest XII

4 ≈ One