By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name ONE unannounced game that would make you instantly preorder a next gen console

I'm going to come out and say it...

I have a strong dislike of the idea of pre-ordering, to the extent that I get slightly irritated when I see others talk about their pre-orders. I suppose in the context of it being a console, it's perfectly acceptable (as long as the minimum deposit is made). Maybe it's different in other parts of the world, but in the US, games are aplenty, and while the cashier at Gamestop may try and tell you that if you don't pre-order the game, you may not get a copy, in the US it's not true, and only something Gamestop tells it's employees to push sales. In other words, I have been buying games on launch day for years and have never had a situation where I missed out because I didn't pre-order.

So, to answer the topic, I don't think there is any release that would convince me to spend money today. It would not be financially wise to spend money on a pre-order at this time. Maybe a few weeks before release.

Around the Network
RaptorChrist said:
I'm going to come out and say it...

I have a strong dislike of the idea of pre-ordering, to the extent that I get slightly irritated when I see others talk about their pre-orders. I suppose in the context of it being a console, it's perfectly acceptable (as long as the minimum deposit is made). Maybe it's different in other parts of the world, but in the US, games are aplenty, and while the cashier at Gamestop may try and tell you that if you don't pre-order the game, you may not get a copy, in the US it's not true, and only something Gamestop tells it's employees to push sales. In other words, I have been buying games on launch day for years and have never had a situation where I missed out because I didn't pre-order.

So, to answer the topic, I don't think there is any release that would convince me to spend money today. It would not be financially wise to spend money on a pre-order at this time. Maybe a few weeks before release.

But why? I mean, like, games can be expensive, so much easier to pay a little bit at a time. ESPECIALLY if it's a special, collectors edition.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

RECORE 2
FINAL FANTASY VI REMAKE
A proper sequel to TWISTED METAL 2 or a new WILD ARMS could make me go back to Playstation.

Loneken said:
RECORE 2
FINAL FANTASY VI REMAKE
A proper sequel to TWISTED METAL 2 or a new WILD ARMS could make me go back to Playstation.

THIS SO MUCH.

Twisted metal 2 was an amazing game and the best in the series (I still like TWMB and TWM ps3).

I can't think of anything other than Splatoon 3.

Around the Network

F-Zero....
Give me a 60fps racer with 30 cars, a pumping soundtrack and an online mode that actually works and take my money.....

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 3
or
New Witcher (open world game).

Honestly, for me, there isn't a single one. The games I've played mostly, are all multi-plat competitive titles. There's not much difference between uncharted 3 & 4. Not enough to impress me, anyway. And, for that matter, there's not that much difference between Batman: Arkham Knight, and Arkham City. A couple extra gimmicks, and slightly better graphics. Spider-Man on PS4 was just daytime arkham knight for me.

And then, I ended up with Last of Us, Beyond, two souls, Heavy Rain, Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Grand Theft Auto 5, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and a few other games that are on PS3. These weren't new experiences and completely tarnished my enjoyment of PS4 for the entire generation.

So, if PS5 continues that trend, it'll most likely be the same thing. But, the PS5 is going to have some good tech in it, unlike the PS4. Even after the PS5 comes out, I'll still be playing multiplats on PC, because of graphics, framerate, and the benefit of mouse and keyboard. Only vehicular games should even be played with a controller. I'll be upgrading to a 4080 ti graphics card whenever that thing comes out to insure I'll be well ahead of the consoles.

Jak4 from Insomniac