By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [RUMOR] Horizon Zero Dawn 2 on The works, It was planned to be trilogy and HZ 2 planned for PS4 but shifted to PS5 to take advantage of new tech and architecture on PS5

Tagged games:

alexxonne said:
kirby007 said:

no, its going to be a remake

LOL. If a PS5 version comes, it will need at least these features.

1- Native 4K rendering

2- 4k assets (textures, cutscenes, etc)

3- Graphical updates (raytracing, AA, etc)

And hoping that the PS4 version unlocks the PS5 version.

LMAO

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Ugh co-op?I mean, many games manage to be an awesome single player experience even with co op, but that's not exciting in my book.

Anyways, I am really looking foward for this game.The first one was great, but clearly had alot to be improved upon.

Last edited by Nautilus - on 25 April 2020

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Was anyone doubting that HZ2 was in the works for PS5?

VAMatt said:
Was anyone doubting that HZ2 was in the works for PS5?

Well no, but we didn't know for how long it's been in the works, though. I also read rumors about another Killzone for launch but I'd much rather see a new HZD instead.

I’d say given the original came out in 2017 and making it for new hardware this is a holiday 2021 title. Possibly mid year 2022. No way this is a launch title, given it took 4 years between Killzone SF and HZD. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

I’d say given the original came out in 2017 and making it for new hardware this is a holiday 2021 title. Possibly mid year 2022. No way this is a launch title, given it took 4 years between Killzone SF and HZD. 

Hmm I'd say Holiday 2021 as well just because Sony already said they wanted longer developer time for 1st parties but it could even launch March-June 2021 at the earliest. The long wait for HZD was because at the time they were building the Decima engine as well. GG and Kojima even improved upon it for Death Stranding. Given those improvements it shouldn't take as long as the first time around. We'll see though. 

sales2099 said:

Maybe, but Sony will still be able to show games like HZD2 during their reveal and people will go bunkers. We will have to wait and see how they'll compare to Series X's cross gen titles, but I still believe MS needs at least a couple Series X exclusives at launch to showcase their new hardware. 

So how much was or isn't true here? Did SNY ever actually shift to PS5 exclusivity or was the plan to launch on PS4 all along? Maybe it all depended on what kind of line up XB was going to have at launch and the foreseeable future? With a 2021 launch, you'd think based on the recent announcement that it would be way too late to shift to make it a ground breaking PS5 exclusive if it's going to launch in 2021. I'd guess some of this is perhaps Horizon 3 plans.

Can't wait for the Trilogy to get released on PC in 2035. Gonna destroy that thing with my XTX 8080ti!

I hope Horizon is not a trilogy. I'd love to see it turning into a gen franchise. They can always tell stories of that world hundreds of years before/after with new protagonists.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?