By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [RUMOR] Horizon Zero Dawn 2 on The works, It was planned to be trilogy and HZ 2 planned for PS4 but shifted to PS5 to take advantage of new tech and architecture on PS5

Tagged games:

So im guessing this game will at least be teased soon on that rumored may event?

Well I'm hyped.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

I approve. Aloy deserves what the PS5 will be able to offer.

PotentHerbs said:
sales2099 said:

Well based on what I just read this game is essentially cross gen with a cancelled PS4 version to capitalize on PS5 sales. Oh boy....certain people on the other side talked a lot of s%^* about Xbox cross gen so the idea that this game development started on PS4 makes me smile :)

Think of Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero. Two games built for Xbox, upgraded them for 360 and cancelled the last gen version. 

Yeah, cross gen would be terrible, but this will be PS5 exclusive built from the ground up, unlike Xbox Series X exclusives being anchored to the Xbox One.  

Why does it matter if development started on the PS4? GG could of had PS5 devkits by 2018, the decima engine being refined for the PS5, pushing the SSD without having to optimise for the PS4, etc, the timeline is not clear. For all we know, a ton of assets for HZD2 could have been created on the PS4, but the development of the game shifted to PS5, which means stuff like level design (SSD), enemy types (IIRC flying was too much for the PS4 hardware), NPC's, quests, world size, were all started on the PS5. 

Not sure about your flying comment regarding enemy types since there were flying enemies, did you mean something else.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
PotentHerbs said:

Yeah, cross gen would be terrible, but this will be PS5 exclusive built from the ground up, unlike Xbox Series X exclusives being anchored to the Xbox One.  

Why does it matter if development started on the PS4? GG could of had PS5 devkits by 2018, the decima engine being refined for the PS5, pushing the SSD without having to optimise for the PS4, etc, the timeline is not clear. For all we know, a ton of assets for HZD2 could have been created on the PS4, but the development of the game shifted to PS5, which means stuff like level design (SSD), enemy types (IIRC flying was too much for the PS4 hardware), NPC's, quests, world size, were all started on the PS5. 

Not sure about your flying comment regarding enemy types since there were flying enemies, did you mean something else.

I think the devs initially wanted you to be able to mount flying creatures and soar over the landscapes, but it was too demanding on the hardware. So it will likely be a feature in HZD2.

sales2099 said:

Well based on what I just read this game is essentially cross gen with a cancelled PS4 version to capitalize on PS5 sales. Oh boy....certain people on the other side talked a lot of s%^* about Xbox cross gen so the idea that this game development started on PS4 makes me smile :)

Think of Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero. Two games built for Xbox, upgraded them for 360 and cancelled the last gen version. 

I wouldn't look at it like that. If the game spent even just 2 year of its dev cycle being built exclusively for PS5 hardware, there will be many things that they will likely persue that they wouldn't have if it also had to land on PS4. Also the man hours that cancelling a current gen version frees up will also make quite a difference. None the less we have no idea when in the dev cycle this moved to PS5. All we know (if this is true) is that its not currently being limited by the PS4 hardware.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
mjk45 said:

I think the devs initially wanted you to be able to mount flying creatures and soar over the landscapes, but it was too demanding on the hardware. So it will likely be a feature in HZD2.

Seems like they're aiming for a more living, breathing world as well. 

Create settlements and civilian life – bring reality into life.

OUR LIVING WORLD TEAM 

The Living World Team is a multi-disciplinary group of designers, programmers, animators and artists that work tightly together to bring our villages, cities, cultures and civilization to life. The team collaborates with our writers, tech & tool developers, game direction and art direction to push the liveliness of our world to new heights.

https://www.guerrilla-games.com/join/living-world-designer-1

Then We can assume that HZD 1 will be patched/updated for PS5?

alexxonne said:

I hope so 

HollyGamer said:
alexxonne said:

I hope so 

no, its going to be a remake

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
HollyGamer said:

I hope so 

no, its going to be a remake

LOL. If a HZD PS5 version comes, it will need at least these features.

1- Native 4K rendering

2- 4k assets (textures, cutscenes, etc)

3- Graphical updates (raytracing, AA, etc)

And hoping that the PS4 version unlocks the PS5 version.

Last edited by alexxonne - on 25 April 2020