By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Anybody Believe the NSW can sell around 150mil lifetime?

Does NSW have a Chance at 150mil Lifetime?

Yes 28 22.58%

130-140mil max 7 5.65%

120mil around 29 23.39%

110mil around 38 30.65%

100mil cuz I’m pessimistic 22 17.74%

Total:124

This isn’t a bold prediction, just wanted to see what people’s thoughts were.

not saying it will make it, but I’m asking is there any chance at all or impossible?

Discuss......

Around the Network

NO!

steve

350m+

edit :

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/238573/the-reason-the-switch-is-barely-starting-and-sales-will-explode-next-few-years-250m-ltd/

Last edited by kirby007 - on 22 April 2020

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Nope I don’t think any console/hybrid/handhelds could hit PS2 and DS levels of 150-160m, they both thrived when smartphones were not common back then,

I believe it can hit up to 115-130m (GB numbers) if they play their cards right, Like the PS4. Which is still impressive numbers considering all the factors.

Only way both could hit 150m+ is if they give it all away for free or dirt cheap which isn’t going to happen.

If the upcoming recession is grave and extended, then it could be a distant maybe.

Last edited by Stefan.De.Machtige - on 22 April 2020

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Assuming it has a traditional console life cycle, no chance.  Unless Nintendo just stops doing generations and just does continuous incremental upgrades, and even then it's iffy.

JWeinCom said:

Assuming it has a traditional console life cycle, no chance.  Unless Nintendo just stops doing generations and just does continuous incremental upgrades, and even then it's iffy.

Im asking cuz I don’t think it will have the typical life cycle. I think it’ll have a healthy 8year cycle with year soft drops after 2021 

tbone51 said:
JWeinCom said:

Im asking cuz I don’t think it will have the typical life cycle. I think it’ll have a healthy 8year cycle with year soft drops after 2021 

I don't even think that would do it.  I'm talking more about something like the Gameboy where we had about 12 years.  

It would need one or more great new models, multiple price cuts (down to $200 for the base model at some point) and 7-8 years before its replacement at minimum.
Hitting a low enough pricepoint is the thing that seems least likely to me, because its just not necesarrily in Nintendo's interest to cut the price and keep strongly pushing the hardware by the time its successor is around the corner.
Basicly I don't think its impossible, but currently I don't see it as likely. I do expect it to land closer to 150 mil than 100 mil though (so basicly above 125).

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Add average Nintendo home console and DS numbers together, what's the total? That is the market here, not just home consoles. Switch is a replacement for both so it's hitting both markets. That's how much it will sell.

Hmm, pie.