By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First look af the PS5 controller. The DualSense

Dig it?

Yay 90 69.23%

Nay 40 30.77%

Total:130
Supermario28 said:

What About this?

I cannot unsee that sports bra..... thats a horrible design.

I think this is near perfect design wise:

You just need the "plastic" under the touchpad part, to also be blue (near matching the colour of the lightbar).

I would also like to see this, in a very light, grey tone. (think playstation 1, grey)

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Supermario28 said:

What About this?

I cannot unsee that sports bra..... thats a horrible design.

I don't know if it's that bad. I don't really understand why the black part should come all the way down the handles. I have the impression that you would feel the difference between the white part and the black part in the palm of your hands and that it wouldn't be very comfortable.

The white part should be all over the handles imo

I like it, now show me the PS5 :D

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

JRPGfan said:

I need one like this: 

I agree, I would prefer something like this, looks more sexy.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

It does indeed have a headphone jack (we only see the mic in the pictures) PS Product manager confirms audio jack.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

The shape of the new controller looks good.

I'm a bit worried about the face buttons to be too far inside.

The two color design will probably grow on me, especially if there are more combinations to choose.

I don't need differently colored face button symbols, but the symbols should at least give a good contrast to the background... similar to my XBO and Switch Pro controllers:

So for the black&white controller white symbols on black buttons or black symbols on white buttons would be nice.

And I'm wondering if they go the extra mile and patch PSVR games so that the shape of the virtual controller will match to the shape of the connected controller:

The metallic two color combination of Astrobot would also be a nice special edition for an Astrobot2-PSVR2-PS5-bundle.

My first reaction was

- I see xbox on that
- wait? two colours? white?
- Seems bigger, maybe not
- It's moving away from the DualShock to something more like xbox?
- white/black?
- Xbox?

It's a no no for me. Hopefully it feels good and has an all black colour like the one mocked here.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I really like it. I bought my PS4 pro Destiny bundle just because it was white console and controller. Personal preference of mine, seeing it as a cleaner look.

I don't like an all black console and controller at all. I feel it is just a cheaper plastic to use and that is why it is overly used today. My problem with it is that dust is easy to see on it. It's hard to see the buttons or the disk insert with the room dimly lit. Black is plain, dull, and boring.

Colors can furlough a bias and cognitive feelings. People tend to see the one wearing white as good and one suited in black as bad. We see this in movies almost all the time.

Look at the Nintendo Switch, having the neon controller bundle vs the grey controller bundle. Nintendo this time is stepping away from the all black wii-U console and pad to bring out something different with its color scheme.

A lot of you guys are focusing WAY too much on the colours. Y'all realize colours don't make it comfortable and - if you're playing the game right - you'll be spending a lot more time looking at the screen.

I see a ratio of about 4:1 in favour of debating the controller's colour scheme to how it looks from an ergonomic perspective. You're all just focusing WAY too hard on aesthetics when, as I've said before and will say again, appearance is tertiary to comfort and functionality.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

sales2099 said:
Looks like a Xbox controller and DualShock had a baby. I like it, because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Yeah the Xbox Series X and Switch controllers are both very flattering for including the DualShock 4's Share button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.