Dig it?

Yay 90 69.23%

Nay 40 30.77%

Total:130
sales2099 said:
Xxain said:

Elaborate.

Oh I think you know full well what he’s saying 

The Xbox layout is generally accepted as the more comfortable and ergonomic controller. Sony got Xbox’s grip design down, maybe give it another generation to correct the left thumb stick and d pad ;)

You say that, but the PS line of consoles has literally always outsold the XB line of consoles...so maybe people don't actually care as much as you think they do? 

I, personally, barely notice a difference when swapping between the two. Both work equally fine for me and I actually keep forgetting there's a difference. If anything, I kinda prefer the PS layout because of Symmetry (but I've got OCPD, so the symmetry is weirdly important to me), but I accept that's just me. That said, sales indicated that most people don't care as much as they care about stuff like Exclusives. If they did, Xbox would be selling a whole lot more and PS would be selling notably less. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
sales2099 said:

A button isn’t the same as the general design. People see the design similarity much clearer then a button. 

That's ridiculous. A button influences the function of the controller and fundamentally alters how we interact with our games. Of the features introduced on the Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One controllers only the DualShock 4's Share button has become a standard. That's the effect of being an innovator and market leader.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/441792/phil-spencer-discusses-xbox-series-x-design-name-controller-games-more/

The Xbox Series X controller is not much different from the Xbox One controller. It does feature a new share button in the middle and a different d-pad. The new controller is slightly smaller than the Xbox One controller, which at first glance most will not notice.

"There were certain things that we've learned through doing the Elite controller and just listening to fans," said Spencer. "One of them is on the d-pad we have a new hybrid d-pad that we've been working on that we think is important, so you'll get a sense of that in the new Xbox wireless controller.

"We do have a share button. We've heard the feedback. We're not the first ones to do a share button, so we're not going to say that we invented that, but we've heard feedback that sharing is such a part of a gaming experience now for many of our players that I wanted a dedicated hardware button to share, so you'll see that. We'll still have all the rumble triggers and haptic feedback that you've had in the console before."

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/16/xbox-series-x-controller/

Xbox Wire: Why did you decide to add a Share button?

Ryan Whitaker: Gaming is an important way people connect with each other. It’s often how friends hang out and stay in touch. Capturing and sharing epic or meme-worthy moments are part of that experience and should be as quick and unobtrusive as possible. Adding a Share button is the best way to make capturing and sharing instantaneous. It’s easy to just grab a screenshot or record a video without needing on-screen menus. Then you can easily access and share content with your favorite social platforms or directly with friends.

That’s a nice response but it comes across as mental gymnastics. It’s really simple.

Not everybody shares. 100% hold the controller. 100% will notice the design similarity from a distance. If we were to measure percentage of coverage, the design grip takes up far more of the controller then the surface area of a single button. Holding the controller/how it’s felt is far more important then the option to share. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Replicant said:

I'm not that fond of white controllers but those fan made renders below it are lit. I totally dig those.

I dig this... I hope sony does alot of these controller colours.

sales2099 said:
Xxain said:

Elaborate.

The Xbox layout is generally accepted as the more comfortable and ergonomic controller. Sony got Xbox’s grip design down, maybe give it another generation to correct the left thumb stick and d pad ;)

Once again you're claiming something without any actual proof that one way is more comfortable than the other.  I know you love Xbox and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that but you gotta stop trolling just to try and one-up Xbox over Playstation. 

I hear both sides about where the left thumbstick is best located, and it all just comes down to a preference thing/the games you play, nothing more.

Runa216 said:
sales2099 said:

You say that, but the PS line of consoles has literally always outsold the XB line of consoles...so maybe people don't actually care as much as you think they do? 

I, personally, barely notice a difference when swapping between the two. Both work equally fine for me and I actually keep forgetting there's a difference. If anything, I kinda prefer the PS layout because of Symmetry (but I've got OCPD, so the symmetry is weirdly important to me), but I accept that's just me. That said, sales indicated that most people don't care as much as they care about stuff like Exclusives. If they did, Xbox would be selling a whole lot more and PS would be selling notably less. 

Whats wrong with the idea of admitting they taking a winning design from a competitor and using their own brand name to propel it to higher levels of success? I mean I know what the problem is, I just want others to make peace with it. 

A better controller is a better controller, market share isn’t determined by that. But it’s nice to see the grip was clearly inspired by its competition. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 08 April 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
sales2099 said:

Once again you're claiming something without any actual proof that one way is more comfortable than the other.  I know you love Xbox and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that but you gotta stop trolling just to try and one-up Xbox over Playstation. 

I hear both sides about where the left thumbstick is best located, and it all just comes down to a preference thing/the games you play, nothing more.

A quick google search “which controller is more ergonomic Xbox or PlayStation” and the results are individual people overwhelmingly saying one feels better then the other.

If I’m wrong then why is the grip clearly inspired by the Xbox controller? Why take inspiration from a inferior design? 

You say I’m trying to one up Xbox over PlayStation....flip side is people refusing to admit Sony can’t do something as good as Xbox. Fandom works both ways. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 08 April 2020

Looks... kinda bad, dosen't it?It's not terrible, but it's not good either.

And honestly, outside of hidden features, the only new thing that excites me is the adaptive triggers, which must be basically rotors in each trigger, which might make games that use bows more immersive, for example.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

sales2099 said:
V-r0cK said:

A quick google search “which controller is more ergonomic Xbox or PlayStation” and the results are individual people overwhelmingly saying one feels better then the other.

If I’m wrong then why is the grip clearly inspired by the Xbox controller? Why take inspiration from a inferior design? 

You say I’m trying to one up Xbox over PlayStation....flip side is people refusing to admit Sony can’t do something as good as Xbox. Fandom works both ways. 

Yeah i never owned an xbox but i also thought the overall consensus was that the xbox controller was better fitting in hands.

Runa216 said:
A lot of you guys are focusing WAY too much on the colours. Y'all realize colours don't make it comfortable and - if you're playing the game right - you'll be spending a lot more time looking at the screen.

I see a ratio of about 4:1 in favour of debating the controller's colour scheme to how it looks from an ergonomic perspective. You're all just focusing WAY too hard on aesthetics when, as I've said before and will say again, appearance is tertiary to comfort and functionality.

Obviously because none of us have used the controller yet. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Replicant said:

I'm not that fond of white controllers but those fan made renders below it are lit. I totally dig those.

Hot damn all of these except the white one looks great. 

Pocky Lover Boy!