By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First look af the PS5 controller. The DualSense

Dig it?

Yay 90 69.23%

Nay 40 30.77%

Total:130
Jranation said:
EricHiggin said:

I like this mock up of the two tone better with majority black. It's still not great but more palatable. Black sticks probably would've looked good here too. Plain buttons on the right would have also been better here I think in this case.

I would really like to see a mock up of the official here, but replace the black bottom portion with a similar shade of blue to match the blue LED light. I think that would actually look pretty decent. Maybe the sticks and shoulder buttons should be the same shade of blue as well, but keep the PS logo silver. I've seen some where they replaced the white portion with blue (as well as other colors), but left the bottom black, and I'm still not a fan.

the top one looks waaaay better. Not sure why they decide to do white buttons and not keep the 4 colours of those buttons. 

2nd one looks far better imo, more modern and cutting edge ;)

Although I'd gladly have harmoneous 2 tone. SO the pure white of the bottom, with the secondary colour being the slight off white/cream /grey of the top <3

Last edited by Otter - on 08 April 2020

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Angelus said:
I think my biggest issue with this controller, is that they took something I found pretty useless on the PS4 controller, the touch-pad, and made it even bigger. Fucking why? Do people like this thing? Am I the weird one?

Its easier to slide, also easier to press.

Why we need it tho? Dunno as well.

It looks really sexy this time around tho, the design is way better.

I'm glad it's in their, hopefully developers use it more for swipes etc now that its somewhat easier to access 

So i'm expecting the console to have a radical design, and not be black. Maybe even retain a V shape.

I need one like this: 

Maybe i'm just being contrarian but I like it, the mismatch is interesting and the DS4 is probably my favorite controller ever already, so I like this. Though, it would look equally sexy as all white too (black is too boring, actually glad that's not the standard).

Around the Network

I still think a little bit Sony made it look oddly on purpose so people will meme about it. Like the Apple AirPods.

JRPGfan said:

I need one like this: 

wow, pretty nice

It's similar to my PSP (Pearl White)

Not a fan of the looks, honestly, but if it works, its good enough for me. Looks fairly comfy and we can finally have a USB-C charged one as well.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Well visually I am not wowed.

However, it will come down to how it feels in the hands. DS4 was the perfect upgrade they done. Just felt so right.

What About this?