Forums - Movies Discussion - Most re-watchable movies?

trunkswd said:
1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy extended edition. I rewatch them 2 or 3 times per year.
2. OG Star Wars Trilogy
3. Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Kahn, 4: The Voyage Home, 6: The Undiscovered Country, First Contact
4. Majority of MCU movies
5. Dark Knight trilogy
6. Terminator 2
7. Alien and Aliens
8. Many more.

Forgot to put Star Trek movies on my list, but those 4 are my most rewatched Star Trek movies as well, seen them each at least 7 times I'd say.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:
1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy extended edition. I rewatch them 2 or 3 times per year.
2. OG Star Wars Trilogy
3. Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Kahn, 4: The Voyage Home, 6: The Undiscovered Country, First Contact
4. Majority of MCU movies
5. Dark Knight trilogy
6. Terminator 2
7. Alien and Aliens
8. Many more.

Forgot to put Star Trek movies on my list, but those 4 are my most rewatched Star Trek movies as well, seen them each at least 7 times I'd say.

Something about the even Star Trek movies being better than the odd numbered ones. Minus Nemesis. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Pacific Rim
The Thing (1982)
John Wick
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
The Crow

trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

Something about the even Star Trek movies being better than the odd numbered ones. Minus Nemesis. 

Yeah, the so called Star Trek odd-number curse. I kind of like Nemesis and Search for Spock though personally. 1, 5, Generations (7), and Insurrection (9) are definitely meh though. Not a big fan of JJ Abrams reboot Star Trek either. 

shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

Yeah, the so called Star Trek odd-number curse. I kind of like Nemesis and Search for Spock though personally. 1, 5, Generations (7), and Insurrection (9) are definitely meh though. Not a big fan of JJ Abrams reboot Star Trek either. 

1 and 5 are by far the worst. Insurrection felt like they took a 2 part TNG episode and turned it into a movie. Generations isn't great, but it has something charming about it. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

1 and 5 are by far the worst. Insurrection felt like they took a 2 part TNG episode and turned it into a movie. Generations isn't great, but it has something charming about it. 

Agreed. 1 I can barely stand watching between those awful uniform designs and the boring plot. 5 is just completely silly, the plot is silly and it ignores pre-established lore rules, for instance the Enterprise somehow travelling like 25,000 light years to get to the Galactic Core in just a few days which is completely silly (Voyager, the fastest Starfleet ship 100 years later, is said to only be able to travel about 1,000 light years per year). Insurrection does indeed feel like a TNG 2 parter that they turned into a movie. I like the Kirk and Picard meeting in Generations, but the rest of it is meh.

So many great films that I've kinda forgotten about. Think I'm gonna compile a list from some of these and buy them on Google Play.

Yeah, I can torrent probably all of them and many I own physically but I want them legitimately. Probably gonna start with the Quentin Tarantino films. Maybe one or two per month. I love them all!

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

Agreed. 1 I can barely stand watching between those awful uniform designs and the boring plot. 5 is just completely silly, the plot is silly and it ignores pre-established lore rules, for instance the Enterprise somehow travelling like 25,000 light years to get to the Galactic Core in just a few days which is completely silly (Voyager, the fastest Starfleet ship 100 years later, is said to only be able to travel about 1,000 light years per year). Insurrection does indeed feel like a TNG 2 parter that they turned into a movie. I like the Kirk and Picard meeting in Generations, but the rest of it is meh.

Agreed on all points. You ever watch the directors cut on 1? It cuts out like 20 minutes of the movie and improves some of the special effects. 

trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

Agreed on all points. You ever watch the directors cut on 1? It cuts out like 20 minutes of the movie and improves some of the special effects. 

Don't think I have.

shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

Don't think I have.

I don't think it ever got a Blu Ray release. I remember watching it on DVD some years back.