Forums - Movies Discussion - Most re-watchable movies?

I just recently re-watched The Austin Powers Trilogy. They all hold really well. Hilarious.

Austin Powers International Man of Mystery
Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me
Austin Powers in Goldmember

The Departed (My favorite movie)
Goodfellas (No matter what part of the movie I drop in I have to finish it)
Remember the Titans
Gravity
Hugo
Seven Samurai
Ratatouille
Drive
The Dark Knight
Spider-Man 2
Airplane

Pulp Fiction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Game of Thrones, Terminator 1 & 2, Home Alone 1 & 2, Dark Knight Trilogy, Hangover Part 1, 2 & 3.
Star Wars 4 to 6, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Shrek 1 & 2, Kill Bill 1 & 2, Matrix Trilogy, Ironman 1, 2 &3.

Gladiator, Braveheart, Shawshank Redemption, Titanic, Finding Nemo.

Last edited by Phoenix20 - on 06 April 2020

Glad to see Robocop get so many quotes in page 4. There was none yesterday when I starting posting about it.

General gamer, fanboy hater

Signalstar said:

I just recently re-watched The Austin Powers Trilogy. They all hold really well. Hilarious.

Austin Powers International Man of Mystery
Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me
Austin Powers in Goldmember

The Departed (My favorite movie)
Goodfellas (No matter what part of the movie I drop in I have to finish it)
Remember the Titans
Gravity
Hugo
Seven Samurai
Ratatouille
Drive
The Dark Knight
Spider-Man 2
Airplane

Pulp Fiction

Spider-man 2 is the best superhero movie of all time, period. No room for discussion. :D

General gamer, fanboy hater

Anything by Quentin Tarantino, most notably Kill Bill 1 & 2, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and Inglorious Basterds. The old Disney movies are also always great to rewatch, the original Star Wars trilogy, the first three Indiana Jones. I also have a soft spot for Ms. Doubtfire and The Mask.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Back to the Future trilogy
The Godfather
The Shining
The Prestige
Forrest Gump
Hot Tub Time Machine

This is Spinal Tap!

edit. Ok ok I admit I love watching Along Came Polly and Holiday over and over again too..

Last edited by KiigelHeart - on 08 April 2020

My list is going to be a bit of a weird one for most.
1. Rear Window
2. Vertigo*
3. Casablanca
4. Clerks & Chasing Amy
5. American Psycho
6. Commando
7. Breakfast at Tiffany's
8. His Girl Friday
9. Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Naked Gun 1 and 2, Bridesmaids, American Wedding**
10. Insidious & The Conjuring 1 and 2, The Thing, Dawn of the Dead (kind of hard, I usually watch Horror films in like groups of 10-15 over a week once or twice a year, and these ones have been among them each time for the past few years)

These aren't necessarily my favourite films, but the ones I tend to rewatch the most. I grouped up a few because I almost always watch them together.
* Vertigo is by far the film I watch the most on my own. I pretty much only rewatch the others with wife and/or family.
** I used to watch the full trilogy, but have mostly just been watching American Wedding in the last decade or so, I'm not saying it's better than the first two, just that it's super rewatchable.

But who am I kidding! The most rewatchable film of all time is CLEARLY this one:

Last edited by Jumpin - on 09 April 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

For animated films:
1. Kiki's Devilry Service
2. The Secret of Nimh
3. Fantastic Mr. Fox
4. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
5. Fantasia
6. Frozen (the first one, not the second)
7. Tangled
8. 101 Dalmatians
9. Mulan
10. Akira

Note, I like Princess Monoke the best of the Miyazaki films, but find it exhausting to watch compared to some others. Same goes with Satoshi Kon films (despite having Vertigo by Hitchcock ranked so high on my list, which is his chief influence); Satoshi Kon is my favourite anime creator of all time.

The Princess Bride - most rewatchable and quotable movie in history.

Basic
The Usual Suspects
Dazed and Confused
Predator
Alien and Aliens
Ghostbusters
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
The Matrix
LoTR Trilogy
The Thing From Another World (1951 - stomps all over 1982 remake).
The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
Clerks and Clerks II
Back to the Future

Last edited by SpokenTruth - on 09 April 2020

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Jpcc86 said:
Very personal list, but these are the movies I keep coming back to and have watched numerous times. In no particular rank/order: Casablanca, Fantastic Mr Fox, Goodfellas, Alien and Aliens, The Shining, LOTR Trilogy, The Dark Knight, Memento. I can think of a couple more but these are the most prominent.

Those are all really good films. Although I find Goodfellas and the Shining a little exhausting to watch (somehow not the Lord of the Rings, despite it being LONGER) even though they're both among my favourite films of all time. I did used to watch Goodfellas a lot, that and Silence of the Lambs were among my most watched films of the 90s.