By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Most re-watchable movies?

In this internet age, you can pretty much watch whatever you want, whenever you want. I constantly find myself, not in the mood for something new, but rather something I've seen more times than I can count. Just watched "Snatch" for the 1,000th time and it got me thinking. What are some movies that just don't get old no matter how many times you watch them? My top five: -The Star Wars Saga (Ep 1-6) -The Usual Suspects -The Rocketeer -Aladdin (1992) -The Color Purple *Edit* guess that's how the list is gonna look...

Around the Network

My top five:

-The Star Wars Saga (Ep 1-6)

-The Usual Suspects

-The Rocketeer

-Aladdin (1992)

-The Color Purple

Most my picks I re-watched a ton during childhood and even into my teen years, but haven't watched in years. I'll still include them anyway, even if I've just about watched them too much.
The Wizard of Oz, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Original Star Wars Trilogy, The Lion King, The Dark Knight, Toy Story Trilogy.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

As a kid I watched The Fifth Element like a billion times. Probably haven't seen it in ten years though.

Now I don't really rewatch that much, of I do it's Star Wars, Lord of the Rings or one of Pixar or Jim Carrey's golden age movies. This list sharply declines in frequency though, with the amount of times I've rewatched Star Wars, 1-6, probably being more than the rest combined.

T2, Aliens, and Pulp Fiction for me. Star Wars and Empire Strikes back are also up there.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
As a kid I watched The Fifth Element like a billion times. Probably haven't seen it in ten years though.

Now I don't really rewatch that much, of I do it's Star Wars, Lord of the Rings or one of Pixar or Jim Carrey's golden age movies. This list sharply declines in frequency though, with the amount of times I've rewatched Star Wars, 1-6, probably being more than the rest combined.

I find myself actually enjoying old Jim Carey movies more now than I did even at the time. Lots of jokes I missed back then.

-Matrix and Matrix 2
-A New Hope
-Pulp Fiction
-Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2
-Constantine
-Deadpool 1 & 2

1. Insterstellar
2. The Martian
3. Gravity
4. Passengers
5. Lord of the rings trilogy.

Any of the mandatory watches in the Coen Brothers filmography. So: No Country For Old Men, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, Barton Fink, Raising Arizona, Blood Simple, and probably even Burn After Reading too

gergroy said:
1. Insterstellar
2. The Martian
3. Gravity
4. Passengers
5. Lord of the rings trilogy.

Somehow, despite being hyped for your first two, I managed to miss them both and forgot all about them! Gonna check em out this week.