By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Most re-watchable movies?

On top of my head, I’ve seen the dark knight many times, also a couple Tarantino films a few times each, can’t say much about the others

Around the Network

Star Wars
The Matrix (the first plus just the highway scene of Reloaded pretty much ha)
OT Star Wars
Moneyball
Goodfellas
Dumb and Dumber
Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore (into dumb 90s comedies quite a bit ha)
This is the End

to name a few..

"We hold these truths t-be self-ful evident. All men and women created by the.. Go-you know the.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

These are the movies I've probably rewatched the most:

Star Wars Trilogy
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Unbreakable and Split
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Sound of Music
It's a Wonderful Life
The Princess Bride
Transformers: The Movie (1986) 
The Karate Kid (1984)
Better Off Dead
Indiana Jones - first 3
Jurassic Park
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Forest Gump
Wonder Woman
Spider-Man Trilogy
Several of the Marvel movies: Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr Strange, Captain America trilogy, all 4 Avengers

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 06 April 2020

Life of Brian is one of the handful of movies that I ever rewatched. It's now a Christmas tradition.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'll always watch any of the first three Die Hard films if they're on. Jaws as well... never get tired of that. In fact, any of the Jaws films... as objectively awful as some of them are, I like watching them (could be nostalgia).

I find Knocked Up is eternally watchable. The original Robocop too. Starship Troopers is also a good one. Predator is a belter. Plus loads more, many of which have been mentioned.

Around the Network

Robocop (The Original One from 1987).

I've watched the movie back in 1987 when my friend's dad rented it in VHS and was blown away by the effects (which many of the younger ones will have to look past nowadays), the absurdly good make-up (even for today's standards) and mainly how you root for him all the way while being a 12 YO kid. Since then I have watched this movie again almost once every year and there are sooooo many things in it that you are always discovering, especially the political side of it that is impossible for a kid to understand. Also, the pace is absolutely fantastic and Paul Verhoeven is one of the most talented directors out there (he went on to shoot Total Recall later with Schwarzenegger). Add to all of it the soundtrack from Basil Poledouris and you have what is, to me, the second best science fiction movie ever from Hollywood (the best being 2001 - A Space Odissey).

General gamer, fanboy hater

drbunnig said:

I'll always watch any of the first three Die Hard films if they're on. Jaws as well... never get tired of that. In fact, any of the Jaws films... as objectively awful as some of them are, I like watching them (could be nostalgia).

I find Knocked Up is eternally watchable. The original Robocop too. Starship Troopers is also a good one. Predator is a belter. Plus loads more, many of which have been mentioned.

Oh my goodness, you posted while I was writing about Robocop! Cool!!!

General gamer, fanboy hater

Loads of great movies

I find myself preferring to rewatch ones that are series to stretch out the experience. That way you can have a whole day or week of them lol

So like
Rocky
Rambo
American Ninja
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Aliens
Jaws
National Lampoons
Carry on movies
Bud Spender and Terrence Hill ones (they did loads together so that's the connection lol)
etc.. plenty of great movie series

I'm full of comedies here, and not exactly the newest ones:

1. Probably a Bud Spencer/Terrence Hill movie. They get syndicated so often on German TV...
  2. Airplane! (Yes, I am serious! And don't call me Shirley!)
  3. History of the World Part 1 (It's good to be the King!)
  4. Monty Python's Life of Brian (Romanes eunt Domus!)
  5. Monty Python Quest for the Holy Grail (What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Swallow?)
  6. Blazing Saddles! (That's Hedley!)
  7. Tropic Thunder (I'm a Lead Farmer, Mutherfucker!)
  8. Inception (You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling!)
  9. Blues Brothers (We're on a mission from God!)
  10. Army of Darkness (Klaatu Verata N...?)

Any Star Wars movie (esp. the Original Trilogy)
Star Trek II, III, IV, VI, and First Contact
Alien & Aliens
Ghostbusters
Jaws
Die Hard
Predator
RoboCop
Gremlins
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
The Wizard of Oz

I've watched these movies more times that I can possibly count.

Last edited by Shadow1980 - on 06 April 2020