By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II and Marvel's Iron Man VR delayed until further notice

Update: SIE has made the difficult decision to delay the launch of The Last of Us Part II and Marvel's Iron Man VR until further notice. Logistically, the global crisis is preventing us from providing the launch experience our players deserve.

Around the Network

Well that sucks. Its understandable though.

That was expected.

Hiku said:

Sounds understandable. Hopefully they tone down on the crunch during this time as well.

Well that's what makes it weird, the game is finished

The game, which had been previously scheduled for May 29, is nearly done and ready to go, a Naughty Dog developer told Kotaku this afternoon. This was a decision made by Sony for logistical and economic reasons.

A bit of a shame, but it's perfectly understandable.

Around the Network

I'm not interested in buying the game at launch anyway thanks to no multiplayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

konnichiwa said:
Hiku said:

Sounds understandable. Hopefully they tone down on the crunch during this time as well.

The game, which had been previously scheduled for May 29, is nearly done and ready to go, a Naughty Dog developer told Kotaku this afternoon. This was a decision made by Sony for logistical and economic reasons.

Don't really see the economic reason here. A game about a virus pandemic during a virus pandemic? Just games and movies about that is very hot right now. Only way I could see it being a good economic decision is if it becomes a PS5 launch title. 

KLXVER said:
konnichiwa said:

Don't really see the economic reason here. A game about a virus pandemic during a virus pandemic? Just games and movies about that is very hot right now. Only way I could see it being a good economic decision is if it becomes a PS5 launch title. 

Stock limitations reducing number of physical copies they can ship? Not shipping in all regions?

Whether it release now or in September it is going to sell huge amounts, but for sure it would be even more lucrative during the PS5 launch.

Otter said:
KLXVER said:

Stock limitations reducing number of physical copies they can ship? Not shipping in all regions?

Whether it release now or in September it is going to sell huge amounts, but for sure it would be even more lucrative during the PS5 launch.

Of course it will be a massive hit no matter when it releases, but if stock is the problem, then FF7R and other big games should consider delaying their releases as well. Also digital purchases must be at an all time high right now.

Otter said:
KLXVER said:

I'm not aware of the fall/holiday titles for PS4/PS5. But maybe those games having to have stopped development means they've been delayed into 2021, and TLOU2 is now the big fall/holiday title?