By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II and Marvel's Iron Man VR delayed until further notice

sales2099 said:
Well this isn’t good news, and not for reasons people have all ready said.

Now Sony gonna launch the game during the next gen launch instead of getting it out of the way in harmless May. Considering the game is almost finished, Sony got a free pass to launch the game at a more important month of the year.

Sony decides when they launch the game and system, so if they wanted to have TLOU2 launching with PS5 they wouldn't need this workaround and wouldn't have give the release date of TLOU2 for May.

And why launching it during the Holidays wouldn't be good news? Do you think TLOU2 is going to be shadowed by the launch window games or you are just worried that it will boost PS5 sales?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I knew this was coming. It would feel “too soon.” Even I, who have been anxiously awaiting this game for years, would not want to play TLoUp2 if we were still in the worst phase of this pandemic with Covid-19. Who wants to play a game in a setting where the apocalypse was brought on by an infectious organism while our current actual situation is mirroring that?

pitzy272 said:
I knew this was coming. It would feel “too soon.” Even I, who have been anxiously awaiting this game for years, would not want to play TLoUp2 if we were still in the worst phase of this pandemic with Covid-19. Who wants to play a game in a setting where the apocalypse was brought on by an infectious organism while our current actual situation is mirroring that?

Haven't seem a Covid Zombie.

And on netflix half the top 10 is usually regarding pandemic, virus, etc these last weeks.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

I can only speak for myself here. I don't want to watch anything or play anything that has to do with diseases. Pandemics or the end of the world. Right now I am surrounding myself with things that make me feel nostalgic and happy. 90s wrestling. 90s games from Turbo16 mini to PS1 ports on modern systems. Some 360 era stuff. 90s TV series. Nostalgia is a comfy blanket and what I need in such depressing times. I don't need something depressing while depressed. Counterproductive to me.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Man this sucks. It's my 3rd game this generation that I actually preorder, and man I wish we cdould at least get it in digital form. But it's fully understandable....

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

They are clearly afraid of the power of the Monado ;)

Main reason being: the big advertising campaign they surely had in mind would not be taken well by a majority of the people who are currently losing family to a pandemic...

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Now Sony gonna launch the game during the next gen launch instead of getting it out of the way in harmless May. Considering the game is almost finished, Sony got a free pass to launch the game at a more important month of the year.

Sony decides when they launch the game and system, so if they wanted to have TLOU2 launching with PS5 they wouldn't need this workaround and wouldn't have give the release date of TLOU2 for May.

And why launching it during the Holidays wouldn't be good news? Do you think TLOU2 is going to be shadowed by the launch window games or you are just worried that it will boost PS5 sales?

it’s great news for you guys. A fall launch for this game is far more advantageous for the ps brand. Personally I never thought Sony was good with launch dates for late gen games. Remember GT6? God of War 2? In my opinion those should have been next gen titles at the time or cross gen. Same goes for LOU 2 and GoT. 

Just a personal opinion, but just watch the game is gonna be a holiday title and it’s gonna work wonders (for you guys). Congrats. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 03 April 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

twintail said:
sales2099 said:

It's going to sell well regardless of whether it is near next gen or not.

The difference is that they will be able to sell at maximum efficiency rather than just having digital available and potentially hurting relations with brick and mortar establishments. 

Delays sucks, but it's no real loss for something with the anticipation of tlou2.

Exactly, I’m saying this is the best news you guys can hope for (if you don’t mind waiting a little bit more). Flagship IP from flagship developers launch fall period for maximum impact. Now LOU2 will likely get a proper launch date that suits its pedigree and will certainly boost PS hype against Xbox during the launch period. So like I said, congrats. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

it’s great news for you guys. A fall launch for this game is far more advantageous for the ps brand. Personally I never thought Sony was good with launch dates for late gen games. Remember GT6? God of War 2? In my opinion those should have been next gen titles at the time or cross gen. Same goes for LOU 2 and GoT. 

Just a personal opinion, but just watch the game is gonna be a holiday title and it’s gonna work wonders (for you guys). Congrats. 

Well you said it isn't good news so it was a little confusing.