By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II and Marvel's Iron Man VR delayed until further notice

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sony decides when they launch the game and system, so if they wanted to have TLOU2 launching with PS5 they wouldn't need this workaround and wouldn't have give the release date of TLOU2 for May.

And why launching it during the Holidays wouldn't be good news? Do you think TLOU2 is going to be shadowed by the launch window games or you are just worried that it will boost PS5 sales?

it’s great news for you guys. A fall launch for this game is far more advantageous for the ps brand. Personally I never thought Sony was good with launch dates for late gen games. Remember GT6? God of War 2? In my opinion those should have been next gen titles at the time or cross gen. Same goes for LOU 2 and GoT. 

Just a personal opinion, but just watch the game is gonna be a holiday title and it’s gonna work wonders (for you guys). Congrats. 

I agree with you. It seems like they have too much interest in the immediate financial gain rather than the bigger picture importance of getting as many people on board with their next gen console as possible.

Around the Network

I wonder if all or some of the PS5 launch titles are going to be pushed back enough that SNY doesn't want to launch half baked unfinished exclusives?

What better than to use TLOU2 as a cross gen launch title? As long as things aren't the same as now or worse, the game will sell like a yet to be developed vaccine. It should certainly help sell more PS5 consoles as well. The timing of both could be sales gold.

sales2099 said:
twintail said:

It's going to sell well regardless of whether it is near next gen or not.

The difference is that they will be able to sell at maximum efficiency rather than just having digital available and potentially hurting relations with brick and mortar establishments. 

Delays sucks, but it's no real loss for something with the anticipation of tlou2.

Exactly, I’m saying this is the best news you guys can hope for (if you don’t mind waiting a little bit more). Flagship IP from flagship developers launch fall period for maximum impact. Now LOU2 will likely get a proper launch date that suits its pedigree and will certainly boost PS hype against Xbox during the launch period. So like I said, congrats. 

Layman mindset. Even if Sony manages to have production run at full capacity, they won't have any problem selling those consoles. PS4 didn't have BC, it didn't have a grandeur of AAA exclusives at its disposale when it launched, and it still broke records. To have it bunched up during holiday is rather damaging than helping, since the money people are willing to spend is limited. That is why many many times games get pushed out of this overcrowded window to give them room to breath.

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
sales2099 said:

Exactly, I’m saying this is the best news you guys can hope for (if you don’t mind waiting a little bit more). Flagship IP from flagship developers launch fall period for maximum impact. Now LOU2 will likely get a proper launch date that suits its pedigree and will certainly boost PS hype against Xbox during the launch period. So like I said, congrats. 

Layman mindset. Even if Sony manages to have production run at full capacity, they won't have any problem selling those consoles. PS4 didn't have BC, it didn't have a grandeur of AAA exclusives at its disposale when it launched, and it still broke records. To have it bunched up during holiday is rather damaging than helping, since the money people are willing to spend is limited. That is why many many times games get pushed out of this overcrowded window to give them room to breath.

You don’t see...games like the LOU2 are reasons why others move out of the holiday window. It doesn’t move...others make way for it. Lol why am I the one being positive about a Ps exclusive??? Why must people argue with me when I say a holiday launch is more lucrative then in May? Lol 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

dp 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
twintail said:
sales2099 said:

This is one bizarre 180, made even stranger by this congratulations.

To be honest I was thrilled to see it launch in May. Let you guys have your fun and by the time the holiday launch comes the hype would have died down enough for the next gen splitlight. Now LOU2 will likely aid the PS5 launch, despite being a PS4 game.

Anybody bummed out by this delay doesn’t see the gold they were just given. Holiday launch is more lucrative for the PS brand. And yes it’s odd for me but I am able to compliment where it’s due :)

sales2099 said:
Zoombael said:

You don’t see...games like the LOU2 are reasons why others move out of the holiday window. It doesn’t move...others make way for it. Lol why am I the one being positive about a Ps exclusive??? Why must people argue with me when I say a holiday launch is more lucrative then in May? Lol 

Because you said it wasn't good new.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Well I think he got that but debated that launching the holiday is somehow worse because gamer money is limited. But as we know, gamers will drop another game they planned to buy instead...this isn’t a game you decide to put off because another game is out. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well I think he got that but debated that launching the holiday is somehow worse because gamer money is limited. But as we know, gamers will drop another game they planned to buy instead...this isn’t a game you decide to put off because another game is out. 

Well I do agree that for a game like TLOU2 the other games launching together wouldn't be a problem for it but for the others. Still Sony prefers to spread the launches to always have some big name game launching.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sales2099 said:
Zoombael said:

It doesn't work the way you think it does. More so considering Sony isn't merely publishing. 

Who is "you guys"? I won't be buying Tlou pt2. Why should CP2077 move out of the way? Who says tlou pt2 will be out this year? And congratulating whatever to whomever under the circumstances is inappropriate.

Hunting Season is done...