By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II and Marvel's Iron Man VR delayed until further notice

Regretful, even more when digital distribution would ensure that if the person doesn't want to miss they could just buy it, but totally understandable.
If they haven't give the golden yet then this can also mean less day one patch stuff since the game is finished and last bugs on the way of kill.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

At this point I will probably play it on PS5.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Really bad news. After Animal Crossing, The Last of Us Part II was my most-anticipated game of 2020.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

BraLoD said:
The Last of Us was the perfect game to release right now, such a shame.

Yep Sony should bank on regular folk darkness, a lot of the top 10 netflix list is regarding pandemic.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

NightlyPoe said:

I'm not sure I get the Last of Us Part II delay. Sounds like all they need is to get the discs and packaging to everyone. As much as manufacturing might be messed up, that doesn't sound like a particularly difficult obstacle to overcome. You'd think that everything they'd need would be cheap and plentiful even in today's environment.

That said, get used to this.  We can pretty much count on everything that companies planned to release in the Fall is going to get delayed.

They probably wouldn't have issues to print the discs, if they can produce PS4 during this time they certainly can print BDs, even if they had to change the company doing it.

It is about shipping to all locations and delivering to every purchaser on the right date instead of some getting it weeks ahead and others not receiving weeks later due to the issues on regular shipping.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Otter said:

Stock limitations reducing number of physical copies they can ship? Not shipping in all regions?

Whether it release now or in September it is going to sell huge amounts, but for sure it would be even more lucrative during the PS5 launch.

Of course it will be a massive hit no matter when it releases, but if stock is the problem, then FF7R and other big games should consider delaying their releases as well. Also digital purchases must be at an all time high right now.

It depends on when your game went gold and FF7 would be sitting in local warehouses by now.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

trunkswd said:
DonFerrari said:

They probably wouldn't have issues to print the discs, if they can produce PS4 during this time they certainly can print BDs, even if they had to change the company doing it.

It is about shipping to all locations and delivering to every purchaser on the right date instead of some getting it weeks ahead and others not receiving weeks later due to the issues on regular shipping.

This! That is why some people are getting their copies of FF7 Remake early. Trying to have it launch worldwide on the same day in the current climate is nearly impossible. 

Sony has BD facilities worldwide so the printing isn't a problem it's the distribution,take Australia Sony has a huge BD plant in Sydney that basically produces most of the southern hemispheres discs not just their own so Australia would be fine, but other localities not so much then you have Europe where Austria is the production centre so the logistics there in this current climate make it harder  and even if you can transport do you want trucks on the road with what would be considered non essential goods , plus and I'm speaking here about Australia the limit on gatherings is two people or immediate family members so these restrictions and other measures make this a sensible decision.

SORRY ABOUT THE DOUBLE POST with the first post I received a problem with the post message when I submitted it so I re submitted it.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 02 April 2020

trunkswd said:
DonFerrari said:

This! That is why some people are getting their copies of FF7 Remake early. Trying to have it launch worldwide on the same day in the current climate is nearly impossible. 

Sony has BD facilities worldwide so the printing isn't a problem it's the distribution,take Australia Sony has a huge BD plant in Sydney that basically produces most of the southern hemispheres discs not just their own so Australia would be fine, but other localities not so much, then you have Europe where Austria is the production centre so the logistics there in this current climate make it harder  and even if you can transport do you want trucks on the road with what would be considered non essential goods, plus and I'm speaking here about Australia the limit on gatherings is two people or immediate family members so these restrictions and other measures make this a sensible decision.

NightlyPoe said:
trunkswd said:

That doesn't seem nearly as understandable.  I don't think they'd lose all that many sales if there were a few copies going on sale early and a few places that got them a week late.  And, honestly, we kinda need games these days.  As unimportant as it might seem, people need distractions.

Seems they're letting perfect get in the way of good.

It is more like they don't want people getting their experience spoiled because they will only be able to play 1 month after others have played and written on the internet. For something that is very story heavy that isn't a good thing. 1 or 2 days avoiding spoilers and that very few people outside of reviewers (who know not to spoil) get the game over 2 days before street date so avoiding spoilers in that situation is a lot easier than a month difference.

Well this isn’t good news, and not for reasons people have all ready said.

Now Sony gonna launch the game during the next gen launch instead of getting it out of the way in harmless May. Considering the game is almost finished, Sony got a free pass to launch the game at a more important month of the year.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.