By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are you OK with games becoming more Politically Correct?

Tagged games:

Is PC ruining gaming?

Yes 19 31.67%

No, you're just being silly! Ah 41 68.33%

Total:60

It's not exactly ruining game, but comic books on the other hand...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

It's troubling but I don't generally mind it. So far, it's only been an issue in my eyes when history was changed because of political correctness. To an extent, here 'history' also includes remakes of existing games (although in remakes, some changes even in e.g. character looks are to be expected).

Im not a fan of censoring stuff out of games.
If a dev makes a game a certain way, keep it that way.

Should PC effect gameing? imo no.
The game devs that hire feminists to give them "advice" and then have them purposefully make "ugly" women characters ect.
It think its stupid. Waste of money, and serves no purpose.

Well in a way it limits the freedom of developers who give a damn about being PC. On the other hand most Japanese games don't seem to be affected all that much. Having said that some scenes do come over 's lot dumber like the censored scenes in DMC V. With the fear of showing some skin, although I blame Sony for that. Also blatant agenda pushing makes scenes dumber imo.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Chazore said:

We can accept "super human" beings, with un-imaginable powers.... because its just fantasy.
But buff people? nah thats unrealistic and doesnt reflect something humanly possible.

These are fictional characters, why wouldnt they be buff or sexy?

People that read the comics probably enjoy that aspect.
I bet a "fat batman" comic series, wouldnt sell as much (also suddenly, his inhuman and seemingly unending endurance, and him jumping around on buildings, and flying up them with a grappling hook, makes much less sense).

You ever see any of those parcour jumping people?
Their all thin, muscular people, because you just cant be a fat ass and do that sort of stuff.
Also if your some "fantastical fighter" muscles play a part..... theres no way around it, usually the bigger more musular person wins a fight (in the real world). Why would a comic be differnt?

Around the Network
Chazore said:

Yeah I don't get that either especially since the fans of comic books usually don't give a damn about comics. Imagine if the laughing joke was released today.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I am OK with studio and developers making whatever they want and you having the choice as a consumer to play something else.

Hiku said:
Nautilus said:
While there will always be developers that will lift the middle finger to society and make the games they want, anyone saying that it dosen't impact the games, even in a small way, are lying to themselves.The most recent example is Persona 5 royal, in which Atlus seemingly(haven't played the Royal version, so can't vouch for it) censored a scene which a minority deemed as "racist" or "in bad taste".

There were two gay men NPC's who were being sexually aggressive towards minors (threatening to forcibly strip the male highschoolers, etc) on top of being played for laughs in an over the top stereotypical comic relief way.
It's a common trope on Japanese TV to make fun of gays like that.

Even if you are ok with gay people played for laughs in stereotypical fashion, there are young people who take their own life every day because of how society views and treats them.
I'm not personally bothered by that scene. But I understand how it can be harmful to some. Same with the sexual predator aspect. So I'm fine with not having it in Royal.

It's all on a case by case basis. If someone asks to change a birthday cake to a sandwich because looking at cakes reminds him of how he forgot to study for his test, then that's unreasonable. Asking to remove homophobic jokes? That's more reasonable, and something I can live without.

But it's a game. And in the end, it's up to the developers to do what they want.I played the original, and didn't think that scene to be offensive in the least.I actually thought it to be quite funny.Why? Because it happened to me.I have already been "bothered" by trans standing on the street harrasing me saying "Come have a baby with me" or "Hey there you sexy". Whether what happened in the game and with me is the exception or not, it does happen, while it made me unconfortable, I don't find it offensive.If a game is allowed to portrait harrasment by white or black people, then a game is also allowed to portrait the same topic but with homosexual people.

And that comes from one of the most secure and safe country in the world.

If you want to approach a topic, you WILL end up ratlling one group or another.The problem, personally speaking, is if a topic is made the whole subject of the game AND it's done in poor taste and/or innapropriate.An extreme example: Molestation.If a game had such topic as the main one, and in the game lore it was done in a way that it was ok and it repeatedly kept showing it to you, then that's fucked up.

But if harrashment and everything like that is a subject that is ok to be shown, then it should be ok to show harrasment comming from everywhere,Be it from white people, black people, man, women and yes, gay people.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

In before people getting upset over silly things like nerfed boob physics

JRPGfan said:
Chazore said:

We can accept "super human" beings, with un-imaginable powers.... because its just fantasy.
But buff people? nah thats unrealistic and doesnt reflect something humanly possible.

In this screenshot you providing: "This is a parody." So, apparently you are unfunny.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]