By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

JWeinCom said:
Zkuq said:

In case people want to talk about the inauguration, might want to not close this tomorrow. Inauguration should mark the end of the 'election period' though, so it should definitely start the final countdown for this thread. That said, not a long of people talking in this thread anymore, so unless nothing changes, perhaps closing is in order.

I sort of feel like that would be just general US politics? People have been pretty much using that thread anyway for anything related to the transition.

Maybe. I've personally been keeping this as the go-to thread if I have anything to say regarding the election, up until the winner starts his season. Of course the more times passes since the actual election, the less reason people have to come to this thread, and recent events have also been heavily intertwined to US politics in a grander scale as well, so that other thread is definitely a fitting place for a lot of the discussion that's been going on. I don't care all that much though, just wanted to suggest to not be too trigger-happy just in case.

Around the Network

All good things must come to an end. Probably the most entertaining presidential election in decades. Oh well, there is always 2024 if Trump actually doesn't get convicted of number of issues he will have on his plate after he leaves the WH.

All bad things must come to an end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Here's hoping the inauguration can at least be conducted peacefully, and that the damage done to American democracy over the past few months by Trump is not permanent.

JWeinCom said:

Tomorrow seems to be the appropriate time to close this thread. If you have anything left to say, now would be the time.

I'd wait one additional day just to be sure the Trumpists don't try something again for their beloved leader.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
JWeinCom said:

Tomorrow seems to be the appropriate time to close this thread. If you have anything left to say, now would be the time.

I'd wait one additional day just to be sure the Trumpists don't try something again for their beloved leader.

I am hoping they do something.  Lets be honest, storming the capitol is all you are going to do is truly a waste of time without any decent follow up.  It seems the wind has gone out of most Trump supporters sail like they got all their anger issues out with only muted resistance to Biden reign.

I have a friend who I respect his opinion and is a pretty decent guy who voted for Trump twice.  I asked him why and he said he wanted to see the political system turned on its head.  Well, he got exactly what he wanted.  Trump did pretty much turn the political scene on its head and who knows how things will shape up going forward.  One thing for sure, that Trump base is waiting on their new Messiah, I wonder who will step into that role.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 20 January 2021

INB4TL
Nothing to add, but it was interesting to say the least to read about what liberal/far left gamers thought about the election, their views and the whole electoral process.

EnricoPallazzo said:

INB4TL
Nothing to add, but it was interesting to say the least to read about what liberal/far left gamers thought about the election, their views and the whole electoral process.

You say that as if the left is bad or something without any supporting evidence. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

EnricoPallazzo said:

INB4TL

Only those? What about the other viewpoints?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

INB4TL

Only those? What about the other viewpoints?

Most of the people here is liberal/far left or at least the people who comment on the political discussions, so therefore most of the point of views I capture here are from this group. And to be honest it is in fact the group I'm most interested in reading about as my formation was more right wing leaning. Also the newspapers I read are mostly right wing as I really cant stand left leaning websites or newspapers for several reasons (although I must admit their sports sections are always so much better than right wing newspapers). In addition to that I get enough far right crazy stuff from lurking at r/thedonald (now thedonal.win). Always important to get views from both sides. 

So, in summary, I get the right wing point of view from other places, and I get the left leaning point of view form others. SInce most of the people commenting here are left leaning thats what I mostly absorb in here.