By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

People who leave the party now have absolutely no place in politics and should be denounced by any other party they want to join.. It means they have no standards or convictions they follow. The GOP is literally no different than it was 10 years ago, yet then those people were fine with it. At least Ted and Mitch stick with their asshole convictions.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

At least Ted and Mitch stick with their asshole convictions.

...Do they though? They're somehow even lower today than they were in prior years...

noname2200 said:
vivster said:

At least Ted and Mitch stick with their asshole convictions.

...Do they though? They're somehow even lower today than they were in prior years...

Just because they're getting presented with ever more depraved situations where they can live out their fetish of being trashbags of human cells doesn't mean they're actually worse than 10 years ago.

They have always been this way, they just didn't have someone to dig the hole deep enough for them to stand in it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I knew Trump would destroy the Republican party. Let's rewind. 2016 Republicans had both houses of congress and presidency. 2018 they lost the house. 2020 they lost the Senate and presidency. Now only thing conservatives have is the supreme court. Only deserving for a shit party. Multiparty proportional representation forever! Fuck the two party winner takes all system. Finally the majority wins. Fuck minority tyranny.

They will still block everything they can. Maybe even more out of spite. I sense a lot of executive orders again.

Around the Network

Like to see them block legalization of weed. What else can they block increase in min wage
Do you know federal min wage is still 7.50. who the fuck can support themselves off federal min. That's why states have made more min wage. I'm in Texas and it is still 7.50. anti union. It's a law called right to work. They have right to fire you no unions needed.

If ask me lots of people don't deserve union protection. Lots of people just suck at working. I'm not here to protect lazy asses.

sethnintendo said:

Like to see them block legalization of weed. What else can they block increase in min wage
Do you know federal min wage is still 7.50. who the fuck can support themselves off federal min. That's why states have made more min wage. I'm in Texas and it is still 7.50. anti union. It's a law called right to work. They have right to fire you no unions needed.

I think legalization of weed will pass. There's a decent amount of Republicans who support it. And, the Democrats have the option of eliminating the fillabuster, so I think republicans are going to want to pick their battles on fillabustering, and I don't think that's a fight they should get into.

sethnintendo said:

If ask me lots of people don't deserve union protection. Lots of people just suck at working. I'm not here to protect lazy asses.

Unions aren't there to protect individuals. They're there to protect all of the workers. Being against unions because it might benefit a few lazy people is like being against universal healthcare because there might be Trump supporters in hospitals.

Any universal safety net will always also support assholes, but that's no reason against it because those safety nets only work when everyone pays in and everyone gets something out. Being selective about who gets it and who pays for it will break everything, see Obamacare.

No policy will always be perfect because not all humans are perfect. So we should drop this idealism really fast to make progress. Idealism is the source of all extremism.

vivster said:
sethnintendo said:

Unions aren't there to protect individuals. They're there to protect all of the workers. Being against unions because it might benefit a few lazy people is like being against universal healthcare because there might be Trump supporters in hospitals.

Any universal safety net will always also support assholes, but that's no reason against it because those safety nets only work when everyone pays in and everyone gets something out. Being selective about who gets it and who pays for it will break everything, see Obamacare.

No policy will always be perfect because not all humans are perfect. So we should drop this idealism really fast to make progress. Idealism is the source of all extremism.

Agree with everything said but don't get "Obamacare" reference