Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Staring into the abyss of a world where Nintendo has no games scheduled for release. Edit: The Time of Darkness Has Arrived

tagging for later

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Currently playing Skryim modded to hell and back. 

https://www.ultimateskyrim.com/

Around the Network
Naum said:
I dont need info about games thats years from finished.. I want to know the 6 next months now and then.

Yeah, that's what concerns me. Based on trends, we'll get about 3-4 more 1st-party games (not including ports or remakes) this year. That means at least a few are unannounced. There's about 9 months (and some change) left in the year. If any of those titles come out before October, they're really waiting until the last minute to reveal them. Most 1st-party Nintendo games get announced 6 months or more in advance.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

PS4: 130 mil (was 100 million) Xbox One: 55 mil (was 50 mil) Switch: 110 million (was 73, then 96 million)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

There are a ton of games scheduled to come out in the near future. I am unsure why people keep wanting to pretend that Nintendo published games are the only games on Switch, and if they have not announced them they don’t exist.

Nintendo news channels and Eshop have been almost perpetually vibrant since late-2017.

I don’t have the statistics, but I wonder if Nintendo keeping quieter about their future games has helped sales of thirds party titles?

It’s probable, based on sales data from Nintendo and Japanese sources that well in excess of 1/3rd of the total volume of software sales on Switch occurred in the last 6 months.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 18 March 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I wouldn't put too much worry into it. We know that a release date for bayonetta 3 And bravely default 2 should be coming up soon.
Otherwise, We know a few titles that are coming (MP4 and BOTW2) and that Nintendo like to announce their fall releases within a few months of release. I'm sure there will be announcements and a few release dates coming soon.

Don't forget Xenoblade Chronicles Remaster, which is probably a Spring title, though perhaps a Summer title due to coronavirus.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Don't forget Xenoblade Chronicles Remaster, which is probably a Spring title, though perhaps a Summer title due to coronavirus.

I shouldn't speak too soon, but it's a remaster/remake of a game with it's 10th Japanese Anniversary being this year, and that anniversary is in June, which is also around the time they usually have their E3 stream, AND when they start to launch mid-sized/bigger games (Mario Maker, Mario Tennis Aces,  etc).

I don't think it was ever really a spring title, though I could be wrong. 

It's fine by me, as I intend on playing the upcoming Animal Crossing and Trials of Mana quite a bit - plus I still have a ton of games to catch up on (both for Switch and XBox One). Though obviously I know this isn't the case for everyone.

There are always interesting looking indies being released at least, which can help fill in the gaps. I've ended up reviewing a lot on indies, many of which I had never even heard of, which turned out to be some my favorite games for Switch.

"We hold these truths t-be self-ful evident. All men and women created by the.. Go-you know the.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

curl-6 said:

When it comes to treating their fans like crap, nobody does it quite like Nintendo.

You want release dates? Something to look forward to? You want actual new games on your new console? Fuck you. 

I swear they get off on depriving people of what they want.

Its time for someone to chill.

curl-6 said:

When it comes to treating their fans like crap, nobody does it quite like Nintendo.

You want release dates? Something to look forward to? You want actual new games on your new console? Fuck you. 

I swear they get off on depriving people of what they want.

We truly live in a 3rd world country here.

Cerebralbore101 said:
tagging for later

You mean for next week when we'll get the announcement ?

Anywoo, it's not really about the lack of upcoming big titles since a lot of what we know isn't even scheduled .... Which is where the problem lies.

No schedule = fear and confusion.

Although, I'm confident about an announcement soon, the sentiment shared among some is understandable.

Goody times to travel through your backlog though :3 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

SpokenTruth said:

We were told to expect 2 Nintendo Directs this month. An indie focused ND before Animal Crossing released and a major retail ND focused ND a week after. The Nindie Direct happened yesterday. Patience, fellas.

We were also told to expect 2 Directs in Feb, that didn't happen. 

It's hard to maintain patience when months and months pass with no significant announcements, and no major release dates to look forward to if you're not into Animal Crossing. I think people have a right to be worried and frustrated. This tendency they have to starve their fans of information is a poor way to treat loyal paying customers.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 March 2020