Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Staring into the abyss of a world where Nintendo has no games scheduled for release. Edit: The Time of Darkness Has Arrived

Well I have many older titles to play so I'm not really thirsty yet

However I really do want they to release ports of the older consoles

Around the Network

Sad times for Switch only owners who need some more retail titles but I don't think it'll effect sales much. I can easily see  the summer being very quite bar some ports.

Pokemon/Animal Crossing/Mario (everything that's been released so far) will keep hardware going through til the summer. 

That’s the power of Animal Crossing

happens every generation/ strong start then death by falling off a cliff

I do wonder what they will come up with after Zelda, SMO, Splatoon 2, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing. Logic would say start from the top again, release another Zelda after 3 years, but somehow I don't think Nintendo will do that.

Around the Network

Sounds normal.

KLXVER said:
Well if we disregard third parties, then both the PS4 and XB1 has had similar droughts. XB1 has probably had even worse ones.

I think what the OP is trying to get across is that something is usually announced for PS4, even if it doesn't have a release date or is 5 years in the future. Example is Naughty Dog alone:

TLOU: Announced Dec 2011, released June 2013

Uncharted 4: Announced Nov 2013, released May 2016

TLOU II: Announced Dec 2016, releasing May 2020

Other games from ND or Sony studios fill in the gaps, so there is always a big game to look out for.

While for Switch, we have no idea what is coming 2020, 2021, 2022 etc.

Farsala said:
KLXVER said:
Well if we disregard third parties, then both the PS4 and XB1 has had similar droughts. XB1 has probably had even worse ones.

I think what the OP is trying to get across is that something is usually announced for PS4, even if it doesn't have a release date or is 5 years in the future. Example is Naughty Dog alone:

TLOU: Announced Dec 2011, released June 2013

Uncharted 4: Announced Nov 2013, released May 2016

TLOU II: Announced Dec 2016, releasing May 2020

Other games from ND or Sony studios fill in the gaps, so there is always a big game to look out for.

While for Switch, we have no idea what is coming 2020, 2021, 2022 etc.

BOTW2, Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are coming. That's at least 3 big ones to look forward to. 

First half of 2018 people forgave Nintendo, Switch is new and devs did not expect how popular the system is.
First Half of 2019 people stomached it, overall not happy but it is okay....Better be great next year!
First Half of 2020..... If Animal Crossing wasn't delayed it was basically empty..

Thread trend: I heard they have canceled every game in development from internal and external studios, closed up their HQs and didn't tell anybody about it. Animal Crossing is the last game they will ever release.

Being a bit alarmist and paranoid, aren't we?

We were told to expect 2 Nintendo Directs this month. An indie focused ND before Animal Crossing released and a major retail ND focused ND a week after. The Nindie Direct happened yesterday. Patience, fellas.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."